Each year I read a lot of books that touch my life. This year I've decided to allow some of those books help me make my resolutions for 2016.
- Start a small garden - My mom gave me some seeds so I think I'll toss them in the ground and see if I can have the same success as Jack and the Beanstalk.
- Continue The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up - My progress has been slow due to a summer filled with home improvement projects, but I'm in love with the few areas I have managed to tidy up.
- Plan more outings for my kids with their nana - Even though she doesn't live in the city, like the nana in Nana in the City, she was very successful in teaching her four kids how to be brave and I want my kids to have share in more of her Nana magic this year
- Make more time for my friends - Although as far as I know none of my friends are having the life force sucked out of them by an Evil Librarian, I want to make more time for them just in case.
- Give myself permission to quit - Sometimes there are days when I'm overwhelmed and can't take it anymore. This year I won't keep pushing myself to frustration, I'll just leave a note, like the crayons in The Day the Crayons Quit, and take the day off.
- Focus on my strengths - Like Rose in Rain Reign, I want to discover my hidden strengths and let them move me forward throughout 2016.
Have you thought about your resolutions for 2016? Do any of them have to do with the books you've read? Are there any books you would like to add to this list?