Wednesday, September 2, 2015

IWSG

20140507-080112.jpg

It's the first Wednesday of the month time for another IWSG post where we writers help each other deal with our insecurities. A warm thank you to Ninja Captain, Alex J. Cavanaugh, and his team of Ninjas, Christine RainsHeather M. Gardner Dolorah at Book LoverJulie FlandersMurees DupĂ©for providing writer's a safe and supportive format to speak openly, and without fear, about the insecurities that come with the craft of writing. Be sure to check out the IWSG Facebook page where writers can garner support more than once a month. You can learn more about IWSG, or join in the IWSG fun, here.

This month I'm struggling with balance. Balance is defined as: 

an even distribution of weight enabling someone or something to remain upright and steady.

After a summer off from our normal routine, getting the balancing act of wife, mom, writer, teacher, chauffeur, chef, etc., etc., etc., is proving to be more challenging than I remember in past years. With all the things that are going on, I'm beginning to feel a bit like this guy: 



Hopefully, if I keep moving I'll learn to balance it all, like in years past. However, I think I'm going to have to start moving a lot faster. 

How about you? How are your writing (or life) insecurities? Are you having trouble keeping all your plates and bowls spinning? 

Don't forget to check out the other IWSG posts to see how they're coping this month. You can find the list here

11 comments:

Blogoratti said...

All the best as you find the right balance. Greetings!

Deborah Hawkins said...

I think my plates are on the floor.

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

When I was still teaching, I would face what you are every September. Balance is key but so difficult. I think I saw that video before. Pretty amazing.

Susan Says

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

The big plate spun today and so far, so good!

Chrys Fey said...

Balance is tricky. Lately, a lot has taken the backseat while I do a ton of research. Hopefully we both can find a balance soon.

cleemckenzie said...

LOL I'm still LOOKING for the plates! Great comparison.

authorcgcoppola.com said...

I have dirty dishes in the sink, laundry on the bed and I'm here, at my computer. So, all I have to say to that is: priorities.

**I also am not responsible for keeping another human being alive, which makes it MUCH easier for me. But keep spinning those plates! I think someone above mentioned their plates were on the floor...

S.P. Bowers said...

I think Balance will alwasy be an issue. Even if we get it down, life changes so balance needs change and we're back at square one. The best thing is just to hang in and do what you can and don't stress the rest. My main problem right now is motivation. Blah.

Liz A. said...

Whenever I'm dealing with balance issues (okay, all the time), I remember that one scene from the movie Highlander. Where Sean Connery sings B-A-L-A-N-C-E. Sometimes it helps. Sometimes it just makes me laugh.

Pat Garcia said...

Yep, that's exacting what I'm learning how to do at this moment. But there is always something new that pops up, like I took my car for its inspection, passed it but my poor Beetle needs new wipers and I have to take him back tomorrow for them to install them. Well, there goes my early Friday morning writing time. I have to be at the auto shop at 8 a.m.
So, I know how you feel but hang in there. Things will get better as we loosen up and deal with as it comes.
All the best.
Shalom,
Patricia

Scribbles From Jenn said...

Thanks for the encouragement,Blogoratti. I definitely need it!

At times, mine are too, Deborah.

I agree, Susan, that was pretty amazing!

We might need to put you on a variety show, Alex. Congrats on the getting the big spin done!

Yes, Chyrs, I do hope we both find our center of balance.

We are kindred souls, authorcgcoppola.

C.Lee, that made me laugh out loud!

S.P., I'm struggling with motivation, too. I'll hang in there as until I find it again. Thanks for the encouragement.

Liz, I love Sean Connery and the Highlander. I may have to look up that scene.

Thanks, Pat, it's good to know I'm not the only one trying to keep the plates in the air.

Share this: