Happy National Dog Day (Don't worry cat people, your day is coming up in October). I picked this image because the dogs look just like my Best Furry Friend (BFF) Max. If you have a dog for your BFF why not celebrate with him/her? Here are a few suggestions from National Dog Day.com―
- Take your dog to the beach.
- Assist an ill or elderly neighbor by walking their dog.
- Buy your dog a fun new dog toy....or two...or five.
- Buy your dog a fashionable collar and leash.
- Spend the day taking photos of your dog and then enter our photo contest!
You can find more ways to celebrate at National Dog Day's website. If you don't have a dog, but want one, check out your local shelter. That's how we found our wonderful, Max. In fact, National Dog Day was created just for that purpose. It desires to help galvanize the public to recognize the number of dogs that need to be rescued each year, and acknowledges family dogs and dogs that work selflessly each day to save lives, keep us safe and bring comfort.
Because I love quotes, and your dog loves to hear the sound of your voice, here are a few sweet sayings your can share with your BFF―
- "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." ―Groucho Marx
- “Happiness is a warm puppy.” ― Charles M. Schulz
- “A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.” ― Josh Billings
- “A dog will teach you unconditional love. If you can have that in your life, things won't be too bad.” ― Robert Wagner
- “Dogs don't rationalize. They don't hold anything against a person. They don't see the outside of a human but the inside of a human.” — Cesar Millan
If you need any more inspiration that dogs from shelters make wonderful pets, check out these photos of our magnificent Max at the beach, trying to put highlights in his beard, and savoring his treats.
Do you have a dog to help you celebrate National Dog Day? Is he a rescue like Max? What breed is your BFF? Or, are you looking forward to National Cat Day?