Thursday, April 30, 2015

Z is for...


I'm participating in the 2015 A to Z Challenge where for the month of April I will blog the letters of the alphabet in order every day except Sundays. The participation list is HERE -- if you want to join in.

Image result for twilight zone quotesMy theme – This month I am blogging about a classic television series, the Twilight Zone. The Twilight Zone is an American television anthology series created by Rod Serling where ordinary people find themselves in extraordinary situations. It is a series of unrelated stories containing drama, psychological thriller, fantasy, science fiction, and suspense, often concluding with an unexpected twist. 



     Z is for Zone, the Twilight Zone     


   Musings:    It's over!!! I made it through all 26 letters of the alphabet blogging about one of my favorite television shows, the Twilight Zone, while making a few T.Z. fans in the process. Yay!! I am happy the challenge is over, but I'm sad that there where so many episodes I couldn't share. So, here are a few lists that does: 

These six were on (almost) every list:
  1. Living Doll
  2. It's a Good Life
  3. Eye of the Beholder
  4. Time Enough at Last
  5. Monsters Are Due on Maple Street
  6. Nightmare at 20,000 Feet
With the exception of numbers five and six, I completely agree with the popularity of these episodes and that's what I like about T.Z., there's something for everyone.

Did you discover a favorite T.Z. episode? Are you a new or reborn fan? What are you going to do now that the challenge is over? 

11 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I'm going to take tomorrow off and go see a movie!
Your theme was great. I'd like to feature it at the A to Z Blog for Themes That Rocked the Challenge.

Chrys Fey said...

Congratulations on making it to Z! I never watched The Twilight Zone, but your posts have made me want to. :)

Thanks for the links! :)

Delores said...

I wonder if you can buy the series?
Truly enjoyed your T.W. A to Z Challenge posts.

Natasha Duncan-Drake said...

Yay for making it all the way to Z. Thank you for some great posts and some great episode recs. I never saw the original series much and I have enjoyed going to find the eps you talked about. It's been a great April.
Tasha
Tasha's Thinkings | Wittegen Press | FB3X (AC)

Scribbles From Jenn said...

That sounds like a great idea, Alex. Wow! Really? I'd LOVE to be featured as a Blog that rocked the challenge! Thank you. :D

Thanks, Chrys. Hooray for a new T.Z. fan!

Yes, Delores. Amazon has them for sale by season or as a complete set.

Natasha,congratulations to you, too! It's wonderful to know that you enjoyed the episodes I blogged about.

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

I loved this show as a child but I haven't seen most of them. I really enjoyed your theme and now I want to go back and watch some of those episodes.

Jeffrey Scott said...

As you know, I've already started to rewatch these episodes. Almost finished with series one. Not a fan of the 30,000 episode? That's like the main one I always remember when I think of the TZ. I'm looking forward to watching it again.

Thanks again for keeping me entertained the entire A-Z challenge. You've made it! Great job. I'll certainly be back to keep tabs on your future postings.

See you in the twilight zone!

Liz A. said...

Believe it or not, the teleplay for #5 is in the English textbook for grade 7. I think. It might be grade 8. Yep, they read it, discuss it, and watch the show in class. As classwork. I just think that's so cool.

Liz A. from Laws of Gravity

Clarabelle Rant said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! A well deserved finish :)

You can find me here:
ClarabelleRant

Nick Wilford said...

Congrats on finishing! I enjoyed your posts. I didn't know any specifics about the Twilight Zone before, now I want to watch it.

Entrepreneurial Goddess said...

Hello there.
Congratulations on surviving the A-Z Challenge! I didn't get to visit your blog during the crazy month of April so I'm popping over today from the Road Trip. My goal is to visit all the blogs that linked up, before next year's challenge starts up again.

Entrepreneurial Goddess

Share this: