Wednesday, March 25, 2015

atoz-theme-reveal-2015

This is the week all the A to Z Challengers have been waiting for, the week we reveal our Challenge theme. (I know most themes were revealed on Monday, but I'm only here on Wednesday's.) I'll give you a hint...




You guessed it! I'm going to spend the month of April blogging from A to Z on episodes of the Twilight Zone. As a writer, I am in awe at Rod Serling's ability to create such intense fear using only the power of his words. No blood, guts or gore, just words. In my opinion, that takes skill. Serling had this uncanny ability to climb inside your mind and bring to life the many fears, dreams, nightmares, we only ponder about. Now, over four decades later, the Twilight Zone still remains popular and (sometimes) can (still) make me sleep with the light on. 

It was difficult picking which episodes I would share, I love them all, but I finally managed to cull it down to twenty six, beginning with The After Hours, an episode that might of been the basis for a 1987 movie with a strangely similar theme. 

I hope you join me next month as I blog from A to Z all about the Twilight Zone.






8 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Twilight Zone! Very cool. Always liked that show.

L.G. Smith said...

Wow, that will be a fun one to visit. Been awhile since I've seen any of those. :)

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

This will be fun. I haven't seen the original show for years but there are two episodes that haunted my nightmares as a child. Can't believe my parents let me watch that show. LOL I can't wait to see if you use them.

cleemckenzie said...

This will be a super theme. I loved Twilight Zone.

Clarabelle Rant said...

I love science fiction, but I've only seen three full Twilight Zone episodes (William Shatner's being one of the three!). I'm excited to learn more about this great show. And you get to do all the viewing work ;)

Scribbles From Jenn said...

Me, too Alex.

Hopefully, it brings back fond memories, L.G.

If I do use them, Susan, I hope they don't give you nughtmares.

Thanks, C.Lee. I still love this show.

Only three, Clarabelle? I can't wait to show you more.

Carole Anne Carr said...

Twilight Zone, don't know this, so will be interesting.

cleemckenzie said...

He had the ability to sear the stories into our brains. I still hear that music anytime some even mentions Twilight!

Share this: