Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Do you know what holiday it is this week? No, not Valentine's Day, that's not until Saturday, the holiday I'm talking about is celebrated today, February 11th. Today is NATIONAL DON’T CRY OVER SPILLED MILK DAY!



February 11th, NATIONAL DON’T CRY OVER SPILLED MILK DAY, is a day to celebrate the positive things in life.  To find the silver lining in every cloud. To look on the bright side of things and then carry that positive attitude with you every day after.

The idiom, Don’t cry over spilled milk means don’t worry about something that has already happened and can’t be changed.  If you have spilled a glass of milk, you can’t un-spill it or try to scoop it up and put it back in the glass. (I suppose you can, but do you really want to?) Your best bet is to clean it up and not dwell on the accident. Life is full of unexpected and unplanned things, finding something positive in all things can often make them easier to handle. It's not as easy as Bobby McFerrin makes it look in his video, Don't Worry Be Happy, but it's a start.

If you do spill your milk, why not take some direction from Charles G. Shaw's book, It Looked Like Spilt Milk and see what you see. Maybe you'll find something that puts a smile on your face.





How are you celebrating NATIONAL DON’T CRY OVER SPILLED MILK DAY? Do you make a habit of trying to find the positive things in your daily activities? Cry over spilled milk? I never cry over spilled milk since it could have been worse, it could have been spilled coffee!


P.S. Since I won't be back until next Wednesday...

6 comments:

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

I make a bit attempt to not cry over spilled milk. It's a joke around our house how our children always come to me first with bad news and then ask me to break it to their dad. I'm always, okay, it happened, what's the next thing we need to do. Happy Valentine's Day to you.

Chrys Fey said...

I love how every day is literally a holiday for something, but today's holiday is a good lesson to learn.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That's a good attitude to have - if you can't change it, why worry?

LD Masterson said...

Yeah, I'm a mostly clean-it-up-and-move-on kind of person. Makes life easier.

Happy Valentine's Day to you, too.

Margo Kelly said...

I had no idea! I feel so much smarter now. :) Great post. Thanks for making me smile. Have a wonderful Valentine's Day.

Julie McQueen said...

Great blog♥

How about follow each other?
I follow your blog. Waiting for you♥
My Blog: http://juliemcqueen.blogspot.com

Share this: