Wednesday, January 21, 2015

“Serious art is born from serious play.” ― Julia Cameron

I'm taking the advice of Julia Cameron, author of The Artist's Way, and having some serious play this week. Of course, I brought my revisions with me, so it's not really serious play, but it is play. I'll be back next week to see what you've been up to. Until then, scroll down and check out what I'm doing.


Here's where we're staying. It really is that pretty.



But, I'm not doing this...


Or this...


Or even this...


However, I am doing this...


...and this...


...a lot of this...


...and of course, this... 



I am, after all, working on revisions.

Are you working on any revisions? Taking time for serious play? Reading The Artist's Way? If so, how do you make time to play?

12 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

What a beautiful place to stay - enjoy it!

Patricia Bacon said...

Wow, that is a lovely place that you are staying in. I'm with you on the last 2 photos anyway!!
Have a great week!

Angela Verges said...

Enjoy your time, it looks beautiful. I'm working on revisions, but I'd trade my snow for your sunshine (-:

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Looks like fun. I need some time to play. Maybe next month.

Crystal Collier said...

LOL! I'm at that point in this pregnancy where I can't sleep at night, so I think that's going to be a firm "No." Gorgeous pictures! I'd love to be there with you.

Tyrean Martinson said...

Enjoy some rest and relaxation, fill the cup of creativity, and have fun!

S.P. Bowers said...

Wow! Have fun with that. I'm so very jealous. I'm supposed to be querying and drafting a new story, mostly I'm just trying to stay sane while organizing a move. I'll play, then work after.

LD Masterson said...

Wow. I don't think I'd mind working on revisions in that setting.

But I would be hitting that pool.

cleemckenzie said...

It is hard to do revisions and the backstroke at the same time. I think you've carved out exactly the right things to do while luxuriating in that lovely place. Of course, now i have to hate you.

Medeia Sharif said...

What a beautiful place. I've taken my writing with me to hotels and resorts, typing during empty times when I'm indoors or on a luxurious balcony.

International Directory Blogspot said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Scribbles From Jenn said...

Thanks, Alex, I did!

We are kindred spirits, Patricia.

Good luck with your revisions, Angela. If I could, I'd give you some of our sunshine and it wouldn't even have to be a trade.

It was fun, Susan. I hope you get your playtime next month.

Congratulations, Crystal! Blessings on your new bundle of joy. Although, it may be awhile before you find time to play.

Nice imagery, Tyrean! I'm going to work on keeping my creativity cup full.

Yes, S.P., get the move out of the way, keep your sanity, and then play.

I didn't mind either, L.D.. It was a great place to work!

Wonderful idea, C. Lee. I may have to give that backstroke/revision method a try.

Great minds think alike, Medeia.

Share this: