Wednesday, June 25, 2014



What's Up Wednesday (WUW) is a weekly blog hop created by Erin L. Funk and her sister Jaime Morrow. WUW is intended to help writers keep in touch and let each other know, What's Up.

Here's What's Up with me this week:

What I'm Reading ~ The question should be, what am I not reading. I've picked up so many books and sadly put them down soon after. It's funny how something that one person absolutely LOVES, at times, won't even garner a small like from someone else. Reading tastes are like food; what may be filet mignon  to one may only be liver and onions to another. So, since I'm not reading any filet mignon, I'll just ask you, what are you reading?

What I'm Writing ~ I'm still working on my middle grade fiction story and since I'm going on vacation soon, this will probably be what I'm working on next week, too.

What Inspires Me Right Now ~ Me! This week my husband and I celebrated our 24th wedding anniversary!
photo credit: vmiramontes via photopin cc
With both of us being the children of divorce, we are proud to say that we're making it work. Over the years we've had our valleys and mountain top moments, but we made a commitment to hang in there and that is what we've done for the past 24 years. It is a great feeling to say I did it! Plus, it's an even greater feeling to say I'd do it again.

What Else I've Been Up To ~ Packing, packing and more packing. We like to travel in our RV which requires a lot of packing. It's all worth it when we arrive, but until then, it's packing, packing and.... well, you get the picture.


What's up with you?



6 comments:

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Congrats on the anniversary. It's an accomplishment. I've been reading a lot of different things and enjoying most of them.

Melissa said...

I'm trying to find time to write a companion novel/novella (not sure yet) to my first book. Kids are out of school, so that doesn't help.

Congrats on 24 years. We just made 19 (not sure if we'll make 20 - LOL).

If you haven't read 'It Ain't Easy Being Jazzy' by Quanie Miller, you should. I laughed my way through that whole book.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Congratulations on twenty-four years! That is awesome.

Laura Clipson said...

Happy Anniversary! I hope you find some good books to read soon, it's so disappointing when you can't finish a book.

Nicole said...

Happy anniversary! I just started reading Kristin Cashore's Graceling. Enjoying it so far.

cleemckenzie said...

Happy Anniversary! That's the best news.

Share this: