|photo credit: ClaraDon via photopin cc|
On this blog I have stated that one of my favorite movies is Shawshank Redemption, which I've seen many times, but, I'm always up for seeing it one more time. Although I usually don't use lines from it in my everyday lingo, I do love this line from Andy Dufresne and have managed to work it into a few conversations: How can you be so obtuse? Fortunately, using it has never gotten me thrown into solitaire like Andy, but using it has ruffled a few feathers.
As we chowed down on grilled meat and veggies several of us shared some of our favorites:
- Say 'hello' to my little friend ~ Scarface
- Good stuff Maynard ~ Malt-O-Meal and Dobie Gillis
- Life is like a box of chocolates ~ Forest Gump
- You had me at hello ~ Jerry Maguire
- You can't handle the truth!~ A Few Good Men
- Get busy living or get busy dying ~ Shawshank
- I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that ~ A Space Odyssey
- There's no crying in baseball! ~ A League of Their Own
- May the Force be with you ~ Star Wars
- I'll be back ~ The Terminator
Those are just a few of the ones mentioned, as you may have guessed, this list could go on forever. Did you spend your weekend discussing movie lines? Are see any of your favorites listed above? If not, what are they? Maybe I can use them at the next backyard BBQ.