Wednesday, April 30, 2014

photo credit: FindYourSearch via photopin cc
First let me begin by congratulating all those who made it from A to Z during the month of April; you're number one in my book! I remember the exhileration I felt when I finished my first challenge, it made me realize I could succeed as a blogger. Kudos to you all!!

spinning plates2
http://colettecando.wordpress.com/
Sadly, missing my post last week, after taking two-weeks off, made me second guess myself, again.  With the push toward the end of the school year, birthdays, holidays, friends leaving town, friends coming in town, friends having kids, etc., etc., etc., I am feeling a bit overwhelmed and dreamily looking toward summer almost as much as my kids. However, after lamenting my woes with a friend, she shared with me one of her secrets to getting it all done. It's an app called Any.do which you can read about here, here and here.

Any.do markets themselves as a family of apps designed to help you have a good day, every day: interesting, productive, well-balanced & fun. I'm not sure about all that, but it is helping me keep more of my plates safely spinning. The app is available for both android and apple devices. Plus, in 2012 Any.do won apple's "intuitive touch" award.


I don't know why it took me two years to discover this app, I'm just glad I did! It reminds me what I need to do, where I need to be, holds my to-do list for today, tomorrow and someday (I love the dreamy element of the someday column) all in one user friendly app. I think their mission statement sums it up best: Productivity through play. Control through balance. Good day, every day. I haven't had it Good day, every day, but I feel like my days are becoming more balanced and I'm getting closer to having my own good day, every day.

Knowing that we are ALL pretty busy, have you given Any.do a try? Or are you fans of Evernote or Wunderlust? Do tell how you effectively keep your plates spinning. Unless you're a superhero who never needs reminding because you can keep it all in your head. If that's the case, just smile and move on.

3 comments:

Beth said...

I should look into this...

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

When my kids were younger and very busy, we kept a huge calendar on the wall with room to write in everything. Now I just keep a planner open on my desk all the time and write everything down.

LD Masterson said...

I keep a wall calendar with all the family events for my husband's sake and I still use Outlook on my PC out of habit. On my phone, I just use the calendar app that came with it. Maybe I should give Any.do a try.

Share this: