Wednesday, March 12, 2014

A to Z Challenge 2014


Have you signed up for the A to Z Challenge 2014? Would you like to? Click here and join the fun.

What, you ask, is the A to Z Challenge? It's the brainchild of Arlee Bird, at Tossing it Out, where bloggers post from A to Z  every day in April except Sundays. Which works our perfectly since there are 26 days and 26 letters of the alphabet. On April 1, blog about something that begins with the letter “A.” April 2 is “B,” April 3 is “C,” etc. Your post can have a theme or be completely random – just as long as the post matches the alphabet of the day.

I did my first A to Z Challenge in 2012, where I posted, from A to Z, vacation spots our family had or would like to visit. In 2013 I blogged about cookies and books. I enjoyed both challenges immensely and gained a lot of new blogging friends along the way. I felt such a sense of accomplishment when I finally posted the letter Z that both times I began contemplating what I'd blog about the next year. Although I'd come up with several great ideas for this year, sadly, I won't be a participant in the A to Z fun this year. Instead I'm hoping to get a new sense of accomplishment in the completion of my first novel.

Even though I won't be a part of the 2014 A to Z Challenge over 1,100 other bloggers will! I don't know if that's a new record, but this challenge seems to get bigger and better each year.

If you are looking for a way to make blogging friends, the A to Z Challenge is a great way to do just that. You still have a few weeks to sign-up, get some posts prepared, the key to a successful challenge, and join the fun. I won't be posting from A to Z, but I'm not going to let that stop me from reading your A to Z posts. For me it's kind of like the Olympics, I may not be in the game but I will be on the sidelines cheering you on.

Go Team A to Z 2014!!!

What are your A to Z plans? Do you have your theme picked out? Blog posts scheduled? How are you going to A to Z next month?

8 comments:

Jo said...

Sorry you won't be playing this year. This is my third A to Z. I have most of my posts done. I am a minion again too so I will be busy.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

We'll miss you this year!

S.P. Bowers said...

I'm not doing it either. I want to spend all my time on my WIP which I have high hopes for finding a home before the end of the year. Maybe. Hopefully.

S.P. Bowers said...

Good luck on your WIP, too!! Maybe all the non A-Zers should post WIP updates throughout the month.

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

This is my third year and I'm also serving as a Cavanaugh Minion so I'll be busy. I'm excited and a little nervous. Should have all my posts ready by next week this time.

Nicole said...

I've got my theme and all my post ideas, but I haven't written the actual posts yet. Good thing I still have a few weekends. ;)

LD Masterson said...

I'm not participating but I always enjoy seeing what others come up with. Good luck to all.

randi lee said...

I've always ignored this challenge, myself...but I think I just might take it on this year!

Share this: