Wednesday, February 5, 2014

What??? It's February Already???




Whether I'm ready or not it is a new month and time for another IWSG post. IWSG is a blog hop where writers help each other deal with their insecurities. Thanks to Ninja Captain, Alex J. Cavanaugh and his team, for providing a safe and supportive format for writers to speak openly, and without fear, about the insecurities that come with our craft. Be sure to check out the IWSG Facebook page where writers can garner support more than once a month.

Since I haven't finished the never-ending story I'm writing, my writing insecurities haven't really changed much. Hopefully I will finish my story soon and gain a whole new batch of insecurities. Yippee! Something to look forward to. Until that day comes I thought it be nice to highlight a few blog posts that helped calmed some of my writing insecurities. Of course this is only the tip of the iceberg. I'm sure there are many other blog posts that could have the same calming effect, but here's what struck my fancy this week:

How Children’s Book Agents Choose Who They Represent
My two favorite takeaways: ...Be the best that you can be and ...keep submitting

How to Finish Your Novel (While Life Goes On)
There really is good news: ...you can do it. You CAN produce a finished novel – without your fairy godmother waving a magic wand and granting you six months away from your regular life.

How to Achieve Your New Year's Goals
I'm hoping this one helps because it's I'm already behind in my 2014 goals. I think I'll start doing this: Don’t ‘should’ on yourself. 

The Ugly Truth About Writer’s Block (And Its Cure)
I loved this suggestion: Give each part of you the attention it deserves today, and see all your blocks begin to dissolve away.

And perhaps my favorite, since it's perfect for today:
When You Don’t Know What to Write, Write About Your Insecurities
Best thought: I won’t let my insecurities stop me from writing.

How are your insecurities treating you this month?

8 comments:

Cynthia said...

I hope your writing is coming along okay, Jenn. Thanks for sharing the links. I'm going to check out the first one, about how agents choose their clients. I'm not there yet, but it's useful to know what agents look for.

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Lots of interesting links. I'm sharing encouragement instead of insecurity this month.

Sheena-kay Graham said...

Good links. All the best with writing.

---Greetings from a February IWSG Co-host

Laura said...

Good luck finishing your story! You'll get there.

LD Masterson said...

Thanks for the links. Now keep writing.

Trisha F said...

Good luck with finishing your neverending story! :) I sometimes feel that way about my own stories, and often when I'm revising.

cleemckenzie said...

Great way to help all of us insecure writers...the articles are sure to prop us up! Thanks.

Nicole said...

Good luck with the writing! One day at a time, and you'll get to "The End."

Share this: