|photo credit: mimitalks, married, under grace via photopin cc|
February is a National Heart Month and Valentine's Day is this Friday! I love celebrating Valentine's Day because it gives you another opportunity to show the people you love how much you love them. After 20+ years of marriage my husband and I have celebrated Valentine's Day many ways― nights on the town, evenings with friends, dinners at home, but this year it would be fun to do something fun & different, without breaking the bank. With that thought in mind, I would love to know what was your most memorable Valentine's Day Celebration? What did the love of your life do that made lasting memories for you? I'd love to know so we can make some new memories, too!
To get you in a loving mood, I thought I'd share some famous author quotes on the subject:
- "Love is like the wind, you can't see it but you can feel it." ― Nicholas Sparks
- "Love is the answer to everything. It's the only reason to do anything. If you don't write stories you love, you'll never make it. If you don't write stories that other people love, you'll never make it." — Ray Bradbury
- "We're all a little weird, and life's a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love." — Dr. Seuss
- "All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt." — Charles Schulz
- I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.— Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the beginning of love. — Mother Teresa
- "I love thee, I love but thee With a love that shall not die Till the sun grows cold And the stars grow old."— William Shakespeare
- "Grow old with me! The best is yet to be." — Robert Browning