Wednesday, January 8, 2014

photo credit: photon bomb via photopin cc
I cannot believe it is the second week of 2014 already. I think, if it's at all possible, this year is going to go by even faster than the last one. Of course, as someone shared with me in Starbucks this morning, the pace of the passing years may have something to do with my getting older. As to be expected I immediately dismissed his comment. What does he know anyway!?!

With a new year comes another batch of insecurities, which means it's time for my IWSG post. IWSG is a blog hop where writers help each other deal with their insecurities. Thanks to Ninja Captain, Alex J. Cavanaugh, for providing a safe and supportive format for writers to speak openly, and without fear, about the insecurities that come with our craft. Be sure to check out the IWSG Facebook page where writers can garner support more than once a month.

Being that it is another new year I'm facing the same concern I've had for the past few years, Will this be the year I manage to wrestle my book into something I feel is submission worthy? I have no doubt I'll finish it, I've done that several times. I have know doubt I'll like the story, since I've gotten great feedback on it. My insecurity is that I'll never like it well enough to set it free. I know at some point I need to push my little eagle out of the nest and hope it flies, but I wonder is 2014 that year?

How about you? What's topping your list of insecurities for 2014?

9 comments:

S.P. Bowers said...

Here's to making 2014 the year! I know you can let your book fly. And hopefully I'll see you out in the querying trenches later this year!

Laura said...

I hope 2014 will be your year :) I know what you mean about not wanting to set your work free, I never feel ready, but I think that's part of being a writer.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

None of us ever get to the point we think our book is ready. We just have to get to the point where we are willing to let it go.
Make this your year, Jenn!

writing for pleasure said...

Happy 2014 to you Jen. Wish you success with your book.

Yvonne.

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

I never feel my books are quite ready, but I also think I have nothing to lose by trying. Years are picking up speed for me too.

Nicole said...

Happy New Year! One little step at a time, and you'll get there!

Cynthia said...

I was just posting on another blog recently that I'm huge on tweaking things in my work. That's why I think it's helpful to have critique partners so they can tell you when you're done.

Scribbles From Jenn said...

Thanks, S.P.. From your mouth to God's ears!

Laura, at least I know I'm in good company.

You're very right, Alex, I hope I hit that point this year.

Thanks, Yvonne!

You are right, Susan, we do have everything to gain.

Nicole, I love the thought of taking baby steps and looking up one day to find I've arrived.

Cynthia, tweaking is a BIG problem for me. I need someone to say, you're done or yank it out of my hands, or something....

Jo said...

Lots of success to you in the New Year.

I find the years are flying past, but I am definitely much older.

Share this: