Wednesday, December 11, 2013

'Tis the Season

For our family this truly is The Most Wonderful Time of Year! Christmas break is only two-weeks away, Christmas Day is right after that as well as our daughter's birthday. I can't believe she's turning thirteen!!!  She's super-excited to become a teen while I'm wondering where has all the time gone.

As well as a wonderful time of year, this is also a busy time of year for our family. We had our Christmas Open House on Sunday which left me too worn out to write my Monday post; cooking for 65 persons will do that to you. In the end all the cooking, cleaning, and preparing was worth it to get to spend four hours with friends I often only see once a year. Plus, my sister was the ultimate sous-chef and helped me make sure there was always food on the table.

Since it is December, last Sunday's party was only the beginning. This week I'm cooking dinner for a neighbor going through chemotherapy, next week my daughter and I will be making our first Yule Log for a report she's doing on Canada, and then it's time to start preparations for our two Christmas Celebrations (my family and my hubby's both celebrate Christmas at our house) and get ready to usher in our teen. As you can see it's going to be hectic around here for the rest of December, so this will by my last post for 2013.

I wish you all a Happy Holiday Season and a very Merry New Year. Thank you for sharing your highs and lows of 2013 with me. Until we meet again may you find time to celebrate this wonderful time of year!

10 comments:

Along These Lines ... said...

Let the parties begin!

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Wow, you are a busy entertainer. Good luck with the new teen. My four children were wonderful during those years. Have a lovely holiday.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Sixty-five people wouldn't even fit in our house!
Happy birthday to your daughter. She was a Christmas gift, wasn't she?
Have a wonderful Christmas, Jenn!

Sheena-kay Graham said...

65 people? You're good. Congrats on officially raising a teenager and happy holidays.

Nicole said...

Enjoy those crazy fun holiday memories you're bound to make!

Jo said...

Hope you have a wonderful time and don't get too worn out cooking. I could no more cook for 65 these days than fly in the air.

Happy birthday to your soon to be teenager.

Julie Flanders said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family and Happy Birthday to your daughter!! I hope you all have a wonderful holiday season.

Misha Gericke said...

Best of luck with the rest of your year! Hope you enjoy it, and I'll see you when you're back. :-D

Susanne Drazic said...

Have fun with the open house. 65 people is quite a guest list. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Bonnee Crawford said...

I know the silly season is supposed to be a busy time of year for all, but whoa! Make sure you remember to take a moment for yourself to relax and breathe and get somebody else to do a little bit of the work for you (what else are children for?).

Merry Christmas :)

Share this: