Wednesday, November 27, 2013


photo credit: MTSOfan via photopin cc
One of my favorite American Holidays is Thanksgiving. I love that as a nation we stop to give thanks for the blessings of the past year. Even throughout the tough times I believe that there is always something to be thankful for. Below is a list of the eight (it's my favorite number) things I have thankful for. 
  1. My Faith - I was fortunate to be raised in a home where faith was first and foremost. Although it's not uncommon today to find folks who do not follow any form of faith, which is fine since we live in a country where we have that freedom, following God has helped me through trials and tribulations that seemed overwhelming. My faith not only helps me to survive, but it teaches me thrive.
  2. My Family - like most little girls I dreamed of growing up and being a mom. It took four long years, but I am the mom of two wonderful children who every day make my childhood dreams come true!
  3. My Friends - Without them (this includes you, my blogging friend) I wouldn't be the person I am today.
  4. My Health - When I was a kid old folks used to say, "Baby, if you got your health, you got everything." They were right. 
  5. My Country - I love the freedoms that we celebrate in America. I think it's one of the best countries in the world to live in. It's not perfect, but it's home and I am proud to be an American. 
  6. My Pets - I've always had pets in my life and I always will. They are always right there with a listening ear and a wagging tail to make me feel like tomorrow will be a better day.
  7. My Writing - Even though at times I want to throw my keyboard across the room there are those other times when I look at the words on that formerly blank page with amazement. It is those times that make we want to Write On!
  8. Coffee - I know it's a small thing, but I look forward to that morning cup every day. 
That's my list. I'm sure I could have come up with many, many more things to be thankful for but it is the day before Thanksgiving and we all have much to do. Before you go, I'd like to know what are you thankful for?

6 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Amen! Proud to be an American as well. And faith and God always come first on my list.
Have a great Thanksgiving, Jenn!

Angela Verges said...

Faith, family and friends!
Have a great Thanksgiving.

Jo said...

Love your list - not Thanksgiving here of course, but at my age it's kind of thanks for the health I do have even if it's not as good as I would like. When I look around I am not nearly as badly off as others.

Susanne Drazic said...

Hi, Jenn! Great list. Happy Thanksgiving!

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you. My list is similar to yours but how did I forget coffee?

S.P. Bowers said...

Great list! I'm grateful for most of those things too. I love having a week we can try to remember what is important.

Share this: