Monday, November 4, 2013

It is interesting how having kids makes you actually care about achieving world peace... or at least bringing hope into the lives of others. Which explains why my girl and I are going to participate in the ZOE Rescue Walk 2013 this Saturday. Even though we live in sunny southern California, we are not hikers, joggers or runners, but we are walkers, especially for a cause that brings hope and awareness to the fight against human trafficking.

You can read more about ZOE here or support us here. But what we really hope is that you also find an avenue to bring a ray of hope to someone this week. As  Peanuts creator, Charles M. Schulz  said, "A whole stack of memories never equal one little hope."



 A few more quotes on hope...
  • We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope. ~ Martin Luther King, Jr. 
  • Never deprive someone of hope; it might be all they have. ~ H. Jackson Brown, Jr. 
  • We have always held to the hope, the belief, the conviction that there is a better life, a better world, beyond the horizon. ~ Franklin D. Roosevelt 
  • Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence. ~ Helen Keller 

What are you hoping for today?

10 comments:

Johanna Garth said...

This touches my heart! I did my law review thesis on human trafficking laws after having spent time in SE Asia and observing the rampant problem first hand. Good for you and your daughter!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Human slavery is so wrong. Good on you and your daughter for participating in the walk!

Angela Verges said...

Kudos to you and your daughter for supporting this cause.

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Having children does open your eyes to wider problems in the world. Sounds like a great cause you're involved in.

S.P. Bowers said...

Good luck! I know you can make a difference and make the world a better place.

Julie Flanders said...

Kudos to you and your daughter. It's horrifying beyond words to know that human trafficking is still such a problem in our world.

Love the Peanuts quote, I so love Charles Schulz. :)

Susanne Drazic said...

You and your daughter are doing a great thing. I hope the weather is nice for Saturday!

Bonnee Crawford said...

Human Trafficking is just awful... I remember crying when I first found out what it was, when I was littler. Good on you and your daughter for participating in the walk, I hope you both have a great time, enjoy the exercise and the fact that you are helping someone, somewhere.

Jo said...

I admire your fortitude. Human trafficking is a terrible thing. But I also think animal trafficking is dreadful too. I wish we could manage to stop both. Good luck to you both on your walk.

Scribbles From Jenn said...

Thank you, Johanna. I bet that was one tough thesis.

Alex, it is very wrong. It saddens me when I think of what humans are capable of doing to other humans.

Thank you, Angela. I hope we can give a voice to the voiceless.

Thank you, Susan and S.P. Together we can make a difference and abolish crimes such as this.

Yes, Julie, it is horrifying. As awareness grows our chances of abolishing it does, too. Charles M. Schulz was a gift to the world.

Thanks for the good weather wishes, Susanne! It does make the event easier.

Bonnee, it is a horrible crime that no one should have to endure. I hope and pray that our efforts help bring them home.

Thank you, Jo. As a Mom my heart breaks thinking of 1.2 million children sold as slaves. I am glad I can do something to help.

Share this: