Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Greg welcoming his online audience.
This weekend I attended the book release of The 14 Fibs of Gregory K.  authored my friend, and former schmooze coordinator, Gregory K. Pincus. The event was held live at Flintridge Books in La Cañada Flintridge, CA., and around the nation because Greg actually live-streamed the entire thing! How cool is that!?! Of course only someone who could figure out how to write a kid's book about the Fibonacci sequence could also figure out how to release his book in person and live via the internet. You can watch the live stream here and if you look closely, you can see me waving in the front row.  

Close-up of Greg's shirt

I've known Greg since his book was only an idea floating around in his head. To it actually see it go from concept to full-blown book was rewarding and renewed my hope that it can be done!
The pie!!!!

Greg's math skills aren't limited to the Fibonacci sequence, he also knows a lot about Pi.  No, not that kind of Pi, my favorite kind of pie, apple and pumpkin! I loved the pie and the cute little book cover flags on each slice.


This event was a great way to spend a Saturday afternoon, even if I didn't master the art of writing a Fib. Greg's book is available at Amazon, Barnes and Noble as well as Indie Bound Books. 

Before you head out to the bookstore, check out Greg's book trailer. It even has a catchy tune for you to sing while you shop.



Do you have any favorite books about math, pie or both? Given the choice would you spend the afternoon eating pie or doing math?

9 comments:

YVONNE LEWIS: said...

Sounds like a good time was had by all. That's what life is about.

Yvonne.

Melissa said...

Oh my gosh, my son would LOVE this. Thanks for sharing!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That's cool you got to attend the real event in person! Must go look for you now...

Jo said...

Neither math nor pie I'm afraid. Sounds like you had a good time though. I haven't a clue what a fib is in the first place.

Angela Verges said...

I love that book trailer. I'll be sure to check out the book.

Thanks Jenn

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

What a great signing idea. Yes, I would definitely eat the pie instead of doing math.

S.P. Bowers said...

Um, I'd spend the afternoon reading with chocolate. Sorry math and pie, but you didn't make the cut.

Congrats Greg! Sounds like a great book launch.

Susanne Drazic said...

Sounds like it was a fun day! : )

Scribbles From Jenn said...

Yvonne, yes, it was a good time and an enjoy life moment.

You are very welcome, Melissa!

Alex, I never get tired of events like these.

No worries, Jo, before I read the book I didn't either.

Angela, I love that book trailer, too. The song is so catchy.

I'm in agreement with you, Susan. Pie over Pi every time.

S.P., your way sounds good, too.

It was great fun, Susanne.

Share this: