Monday, September 9, 2013


photo credit: Avolore via photopin cc

Today my babies, 12 and 15, went back to school. I can't believe they only have  few more back to school years with me. It seems only yesterday they really were my babies.  As a former teacher back to school is a big deal for me and I try to make it special for my kids, too. This means a lot of time spent on the internet searching for just the right thing for our first day back. Since I found so many fun things to do, and I could never do them all, I thought I'd share some with you:

  • SimWorksFamilyBlog has some cool Back to School lunch ideas since PB&J every day is boring to everyone except my 15 year old. 
                                            photo credit: Bunches and Bits {Karina} via photopin cc

If you're not into making lunches, or your school has an awesome cafeteria program, here are some other Back to School Ideas that you may find useful:
  • Sweet Stella is also offering free printables. My favorite is the Homework Planner to help keep their deadlines organized.

Tomorrow is the first day for all of us, so it's nighty-nite for me. If your kids went back to school recently, I'd love to hear what tips or tricks worked or you. 


10 comments:

S.P. Bowers said...

Wow, our kids started back a month ago. Our son started pre-school so it's been a huge change in our lives. I'm still adjusting to having him gone.

I hope you all have a great first day back to school!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Hope they have a good day today! And I'd eat that lunch. I've always packed my own.

L.G. Smith said...

My son has been back for about three weeks now. He's sixteen, a junior. He's looking forward to getting his license so he can drive to a fast food place for lunch once a week. It's like a rite of passage or something. :P

Angela Verges said...

Thanks for the ideas. My boys went back to school last week. They like to pack a lot of snack foods. Teenagers!

Meredith said...

How fun! I always loved the first day of school. I hope it goes smoothly for you!

Suzanne Furness said...

They grow up so quick don't they? Hope they have a great first day back at school.

Tara Tyler said...

my boys are 10, 13 & 14. cant believe it either!

love all the cute ideas!

yay for sept!

Johanna Garth said...

I'm definitely going to check out the back to school lunches website. I'm so uncreative on that front! :(

Julie Flanders said...

I don't have children but I always pack my own lunches for work so I'm going to check out these ideas. Hope your kids had a great day today! :)

Scribbles From Jenn said...

S.P., Preschool is hard. The house seems so empty when they are gone :( I hope it gets easier for you.

Alex, maybe you can do like Julie and pack yourself a fun lunch.

L.G., I remember enjoying those *off campus* lunches in high school. Fun times.

Angela, we are moving toward the teenage *grazing* period as well.

Thanks, Meredith, we all had a good day.

Yes, Suzanne, they grow up so very, very, fast.

Tara, when they are little it seems they'll never grow up and then one day POOF! They are big.

I hope you do get to check them out, Johanna. They have some fun ideas.

Julie, Their first day was wonderful. I pack fun lunches for myself, too.

Share this: