Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Happy 2nd Anniversary IWSG!



It is the first Wednesday of September (is this year going by to fast for anyone besides me?), time for another IWSG post, but this isn't any post, this is an anniversary post! It was two-years ago when Alex began this writers support group to provide writer's a safe and supportive format to speak openly, and without fear, about the insecurities that come with the craft of writing. From its humble beginnings this group has grown to over 300 members! So, before I forget this is for you Ninja Captain Alex...



To answer the question of the month, What are my writing insecurities? I can happily say the month of September finds me feeling pretty secure in myself as a writer. Not that much has changed since last month when I posted about being dragged off to jury duty with the feeling that I was a lab rat on a wheel that was getting me nowhere. I am still working on edits for my story, but this month I actually feel like I could (shhh, don't tell anyone), get this revision done. And... (this is really top secret), it might be my last time. Well, that is of course until an agent or editor marks it all up and gives it back to me. But that will be okay, because that will mean I'm under contract with someone!

I'm not sure how long this feeling will last, maybe until I'm completely done with this draft, or maybe just until I'm done with this post. Either way, I'm happy about it and I'm going for it... The End IS Near and I AM going to cross that finish line.

How about you? How are you feeling about your writing this month?

16 comments:

Elise Fallson said...

Go for it! That's a great attitude to have and I hope you get your revisions done. Good luck! (:

Johanna Garth said...

Yes you are! Woohoo!

I'm feeling a little trepidation about my writing this month. Starting a new book always does that to me.

Julie Flanders said...

Great to read that you're feeling secure. That's awesome! And I totally love the video, perfect. :)

Rachna Chhabria said...

Good luck with your edits. Nice to read that you are feeling secure.

L.G. Smith said...

Congrats on the edits. I'm still clawing my way to the end of this first draft and envy your progress. :)

Arlee Bird said...

This year has gone by far too quickly. Please don't talk about it. It's making me feel really insecure.

My writing? What writing? The year's been going by too quickly for me to do enough writing.

Lee
Tossing It Out

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Glad you are at the end! Hope it doesn't need anything else until you are indeed under contract.

Scribbles From Jenn said...

Thanks, Elise, I'll take all the luck I can get.

Good luck on your new book, Johanna. One day I hope to be feeling that same kind of trepidation.

Julie, I love the video, too. The Flintstones ROCK! (pun intended)

Rachna, I am feeling secure and I'm going to enjoy it as long as I can.

Thank you, L.G., I'm sure next year we will be in each other's shoes; you done, me envying.

Hahaha, Arlee! Sorry to make you feel insecure.

Me, too, Alex, me too!

Laura said...

Glad you're feeling secure, that's great! Good luck with your edits :)

S.P. Bowers said...

How exciting! I'm glad you see the finish line! Good luck on the final lap.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Congrats that you're in a secure spot and with edits done.

Brandon Ax said...

It is good to feel secure in your writing, it only happens so often for writers so embrace it and run with it for as long as it last.

Shell Flower said...

That is a nice place to be. I hope you truly are finished. Jury duty seems sort of interesting, but lots of waiting around. It's part of the democratic system, so that's cool. LOL on the Flintstones anniversary song. We always sang that to our parents as kids.

Lexa Cain said...

Congrats on (almost) finishing! It's a great feeling of accomplishment, and I'm sure you'll be there very soon. Keep going! :-)

Shannon Lawrence said...

Lovely to hear you're feeling good about your writing! Good luck to you in your editing. You can totally do it. :)

Shannon at The Warrior Muse

Nicole said...

Yay for being in a great place with your writing!

Share this: