Friday, May 3, 2013

It's another first Friday and another book trailer. This month's feature is Z is for Moose by Kelly Bingham, illustrated by Paul O. Zelinsky. Z is for Moose is a picture book which I blogged about for the letter Z during the A to Z Challenge.

Overview: Zebra is gathering everyone together. It's Zebra's job to coordinate a big event. It's going to be an alphabet book! But the job isn't as easy as Zebra thought. Moose means well, but meaning well isn't everything. A bad surprise is coming his way. Moose is big, and he'll make big trouble. How can Zebra save the day? 

My Review: I loved this book. As a mother who believes in bedtime stories and a  former first grade teacher I've read a ton of picture books. Consequently,  it takes a lot for a book to make me laugh out loud and even more to make me want to read it as soon right away. This book did both. The title immediately pulled me in because everyone knows Z is not for Moose.  I wanted to solve the mystery of how the alphabet got so messed up. I wanted to know why Kelly Bingham thinks Z is for Moose. I also loved Paul Zelinsky's illustrations of Moose and Zebra . I laughed at each turn of the page as I watched the increasing conflict between Zebra and Moose. It was amazing to see these two characters come alive in only 32 pages. This book gets an A+ from me and will definitely become a part of my picture book library.



Today is also Celebrate the Small Things Blogfest with Tara Tyler over at Scribblings of an Aspiring Author. The rules are simple; think of something that happened to you this week that made you smile, laugh or jump for joy and celebrate with a Friday post on your blog. Go here for full info but in short: sign up on the linky list, celebrate small things of awesomeness with a Friday post, hop around and congratulate others on their celebrations. That's IT!

Today I am celebrating another A to Z challenge successfully done! 26 letters never seemed so overwhelming when I used them to teach my first graders how to read, but blogging about one letter for six days a week almost did me in. However, I survived to blog another day and for that I celebrate! 


13 comments:

Donna K. Weaver said...

What a fun sounding book, and I love your idea of using the A to Z challenge to teach with.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

The trailer was very unique.
You put a lot of effort into your posts but it certainly paid off!
Another fun Challenge.

Rebeccah Giltrow said...

I think we can all take a breath of relief after a month of A-Z blogging!

jaybird said...

I know I am going to be coming back and looking through all of your posts again to find all of my favorite cookie recipes!

You did an amazing job with the A-Z!

S.K. Anthony said...

Finishing the AtoZ challenge is a huge celebration, congrats on that.

Z is for Moose sounds like a fun read ;)

Julie Luek said...

Soooo cute! I love that cover. Makes me want grandchildren....

Laura said...

I loved the challenge, but I'm glad it's over! It's nice to have a rest :)

roe2me said...

Congrats on completing A-Z and this picture book sounds fun.

Julie Flanders said...

Congratulations on finishing the A-Z. I really enjoyed your posts!

Scribbles From Jenn said...

Donna, the book is very fun! It brings out the kid in us.

Alex, The trailer is different from most of the trailers I've seen as is the book. Yes, I did work hard during the challenge, but it was worth it.

Rebecca, I agree!

Hooray, Jaybird, I am glad to hear that you'll continue using the recipes. It makes it all worth it. Thank you for the compliment.

Thank you, S.K.. Z is for Moose is a fun read.

Haha,Julie,I love the book, but not that much.

Yes, Laura,we need a rest.

roe2me, thank you. Z is for Moose is a great picture book.

Thank you, Julie, it's nice to hear that the posts were enjoyable.

VikLit said...

Surviving the A to Z is a good celebration!!

michelle said...

Happy Celebrations!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Writer In Transit

Misha Gericke said...

Sounds like a fun picture book. :-)

Share this: