Friday, May 31, 2013



I can't believe it's the last day of May 2013 already. This year is going by way too fast! It's Friday, time to Celebrate The Small Things with Tara Tyler. Our final one for the month of May. The week has changed, but the routine hasn't: sign up on the linky, post Celebrations for the week, and hop around and celebrate with others. No need for a big celebration, anything that made you smile this week will work. As former NCAA player and coach, John Wooden said, It's the little details that are vital. Little things make big things happen.

My little thing this week is that I was able to resolve an issue with my car insurance. After a month of non-resolution, regarding a rear-end collision. One call to a supervisor and everything is settled in less the thirty minutes. I don't like going over someone's head but after thirty days with no resolution, I feel good getting this off my to do list. 

How about you? What are you celebrating?

16 comments:

Suzanne Furness said...

Glad you sorted out your insurance problem. Have a great weekend.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Glad it's resolved. Sometimes, you just have to take it to the top.

M.J. Fifield said...

After thirty days of no resolution, I'd be celebrating getting it off my to-do list, too.

Cherie Reich said...

Definitely a great thing to celebrate! :)

YVONNE LEWIS: said...

Great post.
Have a great week-end.

Yvonne.

Lexa Cain said...

I love the John Wooden quote! Big congrats on getting your insurance red-tape taken care of. I have a bunch of red-tape problems that are messing with my life. Sadly, the "supervisors" are the ones causing the delays. *sigh*
Here's to a great June! :-)

Rhonda said...

Sounds like going over his head was necessary. Congrats.

I joined the blogfest today
Rhonda @Laugh-Quotes.com

Laura said...

I bet that's a weight off your shoulders!

randi lee said...

Insurance? Bleh!! Glad it's finally sorted out for you! This week I'm celebrating some much needed couch time, and time to catch up with some lovely bloggers such as yourself!

Jo said...

Isn't it a pain when they just dither and do nothing so that you are forced to go higher. Had that problem many times.

JO ON FOOD, MY TRAVELS AND A SCENT OF CHOCOLATE

michelle said...

I'm sure you feel relieved that it's sorted!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Writer In Transit

VikLit said...

30 days is a long time with no resolution!!! I am glad you got it sorted.

Fe said...

I've worked in corporate. Trust me, if you take your problem right to the very top (which usually stops at the CEO or MD's PA) you'll get resolution almost immediately. Big business does not like bad publicity and waterfalls rush downwards - pity the people at the bottom...

Congratulations on resolution.

Medeia Sharif said...

We do have to go over people's heads sometimes. I'm glad that problem is resolved.

Gabrielle said...

Have a nice day!
Just got here and have to see your articles and blog. It's true that when you write you release the tension somehow. :)

Scribbles From Jenn said...

Thanks everyone for the encouragement. I'm looking forward to having a fully repaired vehicle to drive.

Share this: