Wednesday, May 1, 2013



Another first Wednesday of the month, another IWSG post. Thanks, as always, to Alex Cavanaugh for hosting the group. Please hop over to Alex's blog list and check out the blogs who participate. 

After successfully completing my second A to Z Challenge, I'm entering the month of May feeling pretty confident. However, now that the challenge is over and all the hoopla has died down, I need to focus my energy on my WIP sitting on my desk waiting for me to finish the next round of revisions. I did a few pages here and there in April, but it wasn't nearly as much fun as hopping around reading blogs and reveling in all the positive comments I received from the friendly folks on the blogosphere.


During the challenge I got positive feedback on everything I wrote. Now, I wonder if I'll be able to settle back into the solitary life of me and my characters and feedback once a month at my critique meetings. Which, as most writers know, isn't always very positive  Honest yes, positive, not all the time. When I think about what lies ahead I'm reminded of a quote by mystery writer, Meg Chittenden:


“Many people hear voices when no one is there. Some of them are called mad and are shut up in rooms where they stare at the walls all day. Others are called writers and they do pretty much the same thing.”


I hope the voices I hear move me along to a finished project and that I 
can settle back into doing the same thing all day, everyday, even when no one is leaving me a positive comment.

What plans do you have for the month of May?


12 comments:

YVONNE LEWIS: said...

There's not so much blog traffic today. I enjoyed your post very much.
Once the A to Z success has died down that is where the insecurities set in..

Yvonne.

S.P. Bowers said...

Same as you, trying to get back into a serious writing schedule.

Stina Lindenblatt said...

Since I didn't participate in the challenge (I didn't want to give up my writing time to blog every day), my goal for May is to continue what I was doing in April: edit my WIP and work on my next outline.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Might take you a few days, but you'll hit that groove again.
May is full of events for me, but June I will scale back a bit.

Magical Mystical MiMi said...

Much success as you take your journey forward and congratulations on completing the A-z! :)

Al Diaz said...

I have a WIP I must tend to as well. I loved that quote. Made me smile. Thanks!

Brandon Ax said...

Writing on the sequel to Elemental will be most of it. Hopefully you can take that moment of writing a post everyday and put to your WiP.

Julie Luek said...

I'm sure it will be nice to have the schedule back to normal. Enjoy the writing time!

Mark Means said...

Back to what passes for a schedule for me as well as making room for, maybe, another project.

Best of luck with the revisions!

Laura Eno said...

Get back to my WIP and promote the first in my new series coming out this month. And eat zucchini...er, rounds. ;)
I loved that quote!

Gina Gao said...

Congrats on finishing the challenge! It's time to cool down back to our normal writing schedules.

www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

Scribbles From Jenn said...

Thank you everyone for your encouragement! April was a long month but slowly and surely I will get back into the writing grind. I just hope it's more surely then slowly.

Share this: