Friday, April 12, 2013

I'm taking part in the fourth A to Z Challenge where for the month of April I will blog the letters of the alphabet in order every day except Sundays. The participation list is HERE – if you want to join in. You'll make many new friends, but most of all you'll have fun!

My theme – I have selected a cookie for each day and a book that begins with the letter of the day. I also added a few fun facts about the cookie and/or its ingredients. In America, a cookie is described as a thin, sweet, usually small cake. By definition, a cookie can be any of a variety of hand-held, flour-based sweet cakes, either crisp or soft.

KitKat Cookie Bars                      
My Review – After having so much success combining cookies and candy for the letter J, I decided to do it again with the letter K. This was my first time having a KitKat in a cookie, but it won't be my last. These KitKat Cookie Bars were yuuuuummy! You can follow the recipe above, or cheat, like I did, and toss your KitKats into a package of Duncan Hines chocolate chip cookie mix. As I told a fellow blogger, it's still homemade if it's made in your home.

KitKat 4 FingerFun Facts –  This product was developed as a four-finger wafer crisp, initially launched in London and the South East in September 1935 as 'Rowntree’s Chocolate Crisp' and re-named two years later as KitKat Chocolate Crisp. It became KitKat after the Second World War. No one is sure where the name KitKat came from but it’s thought the famous KitKat Club of the 1920s had some influence.

Over the years the KitKat four-finger has appeared in an assortment of flavors: Orange and Mint, Lemon and Yogurt, Blood Orange, and Lime. In 2005 a Caramac variant was launched and has proved to be their most successful variant to date.

Book Buddy Kane Chronicles by Rick Riordan

In ancient times, the magicians of Egypt were recognized as the best in the world. Each god’s temple had a branch called the House of Life, where magicians were trained to battle monsters, duel enemy sorcerers, and when necessary, even do combat with the gods themselves.

What if the House of Life still existed? 

When a magical accident unleashes the Egyptian gods into the modern world, Carter and Sadie Kane discover that they are descended from the most powerful Egyptian magicians, and only they have the power to set things right! 

Are you a fan of Rick Riordan? Ever been to Egypt? Think you could be a descendant of Egyptian magicians?

15 comments:

YVONNE LEWIS: said...

Ah the old Kit Kat, must say those cookies look good.

Yvonne.

Summer Ross said...

You could write a story based off those small facts on Kitkat. Specially the name. LOL
Thanks for sharing.
~Summer
My A-Z

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I'm all for simple and cheating with that recipe!

Jackie said...

I would very much be interested in making anything kitkat . Oh baby! Kit Kats are soooo good .

My AtoZ challenge

Ghadeer said...

I had absolutely no idea that those Kitkat cookie bars existed.

VikLit said...

I enjoyed learning this about Kit Kats! And now I want one ;)

Lexie C. said...

Oh wow, I love Kitkats, may have to try this!

L. Diane Wolfe said...

I used to love Kit Kats when I still ate chocolate.

Scribbles From Jenn said...

Yvonne, love the KitKat bar!

Fun idea, Summer. Everyone loves KitKats.

Alex, great minds think alike.

Jackie, KitKats are yummy in cookies and out.

Ghadeer, you've got to try one.

VikLit, KitKats were eaten in the baking of these cookies.

Lexie, this cookie does not disappoint.

L.Diane, you must have some will power to not eat chocolate.

Cynthia said...

I have a feeling I'd be revisiting your A to Z posts during the holidays. Kit-Kat cookies sound awesome!

Perhaps you can even do a label and name it Recipes so readers (and bakers) can easily access your posts in the future after this month is over.

I read The Red Pyramid and enjoyed it a lot!

Elise Fallson said...

I'm a huge fan of Kit-Kat bars but Kit-Kat cookies sound incredible! I'm terrible at baking but this I am going to have to try. :)

Jeff Hargett said...

You've got such a sweet series running. I love my cookies: chocolate chip, shortbread, the list goes on and on.

Maria Dunn said...

Hi Jenn,
My kids love the Rick Riordan books. The closest I have ever gotten to Egypt was reading The Golden Goblet. I think I am gaining weight just reading your posts. Good stuff. God bless, Maria from Delight Directed Living

Elizabeth Seckman said...

You're my kind of lady! I tell my flour measuring peeps all the time...if I cook it at home, it's home made!!

Jeffrey Scott said...

This post caught my eye because I was recently looking up Kit-Kat on the internet and discovered the varied flavour explosion found in Japan. Apple, pear, Orange, Soybean, Sweet Potato, Chili, Cinnamon Cookie, Cheesecake, Green Tea, Roasted Tea, Brown Sugar, Red Bean Sandwich and Wasabi. And those are ones I found after only one search. I know there are more. I wonder which, if any, you'd be willing to try? I've had the Orange and Green Tea ones. Love the Orange, Green Tea - Meh.

Share this: