Monday, March 4, 2013

Are You In?

Have you noticed the plethora of blogging events out there? They are everywhere and offer something for (almost) everyone! Having never hosted my own blogfest I want to say Kudos to those of you who put in the time and effort to help us lonely bloggers connect. Below are a few events that you might want to check out for 2013.

Upcoming:                                                  

The National Wormhole Bloghop is a chance to tell the blogger world, in 100 words or less, what you would do or where would you go if you could traverse a wormhole through space or time just once. You can read more about it, and sign-up, here.


Ninja Captain Alex is hosting the Top Ten Movie Countdown. A fun fest where you get to list your Top Ten Movies, and then hop around to see the Top Ten lists of other bloggers.



At The Big Reveal - A Blog Hop Within a Blog Hop you can get a sneak peek at what others are blogging about during the A to Z Challenge. If you can't wait until April 1st to share your theme, join in and reveal it to us during The Big Reveal.


The 2013 A to Z Challenge is next month! If you've been looking for a way to grow your blog this challenge is the way to do it. Yes, it is a challenge, but it's not impossible and it's fun! You meet many new bloggers, make a lot of friends, and learn more than you usually do in 26 days as you visit all the other bloggers taking the challenge with you. Hop over to the A to Z blog and sign up. You won't regret it.

Ongoing:                                                 

Writers4Writerswriters4Writers (W4WS) On the third Monday of the month writers hop around to meet, promote, and support other writers. If you are a writer and would like to join in, check out W4WS
First Wed of Every Month


On the first Wednesday of each month writers gather together, with the Ninja Captain, Alex J. Cavanaugh, to support each others at the Insecure Writer's Support Group (ISWG). Writers can express doubts and concerns without fear of appearing foolish or weak. ISWG is proven to be a safe haven for insecure writers of all kinds.

Celebrate the Small Things with VikLit. Each Friday bloggers make time to reflect on the positive things from their week. Because as Van Gogh states: Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.






Are you in any of these events? All of these events? Are you in a event that I missed? Are you one of those amazing bloggers that's hosting one of these events? If you are--Thanks! I appreciate all you do to help me meet new blogger friends. 


11 comments:

T. Drecker said...

uhh... I think I've got myself in too many of those ;) There are a ton of them - and everyone is so nice and friendly. I was joking with my son that I'll need a professional blog-assistant to help me keep up with it all soon.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

I'm trying to keep it under control, but I have signed up for several of those. Wouldn't miss the A to Z or Insecure Writers for anything.

Al Diaz said...

I'm in most of them. I wonder how can I dare with the connection coming and going. I guess they are just too much fun to miss them. :)

Julie Luek said...

Great stuff going on-- keeps the blogging world active and exciting.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Thanks for plugging my blogfest, the IWSG, and the Challenge! I'm signed up for everything except the reveal.

Mark Means said...

I think I've signed up for most of those you mentioned as well as few others you didn't.

I think I'm a glutton for punishment, sometimes :)

Scribbles From Jenn said...

T., I like the idea of a blog assistant. I could use one of those too.

L. Diane, they are all so good it's hard to limit oneself.

Al, no one wants to miss out on the fun, which is why I'm cutting back on my sleep :D

Julie, I agree, it is great stuff!

Alex, you are welcome. Only a Ninja, like yourself, could manage to be everywhere at the same time.

Mark, when it comes to blogging, (I think) gluttony is good.

Suzanne Furness said...

I'm in with IWSG and Celebrate the small things. Afraid I simply don't have enough hours in the day to take part in them all! I enjoy reading others contributions though and connecting with my fellow bloggers.

Belle said...

Blogfests are so much fun and it is a way of finding blogs you like and people finding yours. That's the trouble - I have no time for more friends in blogland. I feel bad when I can't keep up with everyone!

Melissa said...

IWSG! Woohoo! :D

Scribbles From Jenn said...

Suzanne, I feel the need for more hours in the day too.

Belle, it is hard trying to keep up.

Melissa, yes, hooray for IWSG!

Share this: