Monday, February 11, 2013

Spilled Milk and L. Diane's Book Release

In Japan it's National Foundation Day, a day where Japanese people celebrate the foundation of the Japanese nation while expressing patriotism and love of the nation. But in America, it's Don’t Cry Over Spilled Milk Day! A day for us not stop stressing over all the little mistakes in our past. A time to leave your worries behind, and greet the new day with optimism and a positive outlook.

Although the origin of this holiday remains a mystery  the saying “don’t cry over spilled milk” is an age-old proverb that has been around for hundreds of years. The first historical reference to the phrase appears in a document written by British historian James Howell in 1659. The saying most likely comes from European folklore. According to the old tales, fairies were particularly fond of milk and would drink up any spills left behind so there was no need to cry over it. If you do spill your milk, don't clean it up right away have some fun like Charles. G. Shaw's did in his picture book It Looked Like Spilt Milk

L. Diane Wolfe isn't crying in her milk because she just released her 7th book, How To Publish and Promote Your Book Now! You can pick it up at Barnes & Noble, Amazon, Amazon Kindle, Amazon Kindle UK, and Powell’s. Be sure to check out How To Publish and Promote Your Book Now!, it may keep you from crying in your milk during the publishing and promoting process of your book. 
$14.95 Trade paperback ISBN 978-0-9827139-5-2
$4.99 Ebook ISBN 978-0-9827139-9-0

What are your plans for the week? Releasing a book? Picking up L. Diane's book? Taking the love of your life out for Valentine's Day? Whatever it is, I hope it is exactly what you need to help you leave your worries behind and greet the week with a renewed optimism!


13 comments:

T. Drecker said...

There's a day for everything, isn't there? But this is a good one - one we all have to be reminded of :)
This week the kids are off of school, so who knows what will happen. Have a good week!

Yvonnes Poetry Corner said...

Read this with great interest.

Yvonne.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Never knew the origins of that saying until now.
And Diane's book is excellent!

Julie Luek said...

Good reminder to take our mistakes in stride. So good to see Diane's book again!

Scribbles From Jenn said...

T.Drecker, yes there is!

Yvonne, glad you found it interesting.

Alex, I didn't either. Looking forward to reading Diane's book.

Julie, yes it is.

Yolanda Renee said...

I am celebrating my anniversary on Valentine's Day.

And yes picking up that great book!

I had no idea that saying was that old, but very apropos still!

Sherry Ellis said...

I never knew there was such a day as "Don't cry over Spilt Milk!"

I did get Spunk on a Stick's book. I haven't yet read it, but I'm sure it will be great!

Johanna Garth said...

What a great day and kind of a great tie-in for Diane's book, because marketing is such a forward looking approach, as is not crying over spilled milk.

Melissa said...

I never knew where that saying came from. Hmmm...interesting.

The only plans I have this week are getting my kids to fill out their Valentines for their classroom swaps. Yeah, nothing exciting. Ha!

Scribbles From Jenn said...

Yolanda, congratulations! What a wonderful day to celebrate another year with the one you love.

Sherry, neither did I, but I'm having fun learning about them.

Johanna, thanks I like how they tied in as well.

Melissa, same here. It seems the kids have more fun on this holiday than I do :)

Nicole said...

Wow, we have a day for that? ;)

Charmaine Clancy said...

I've been blessed with such a short memory, the spilt milk gets forgotten quickly.

Promote your book - looks good! I've been very busy with edits, beta readers and cover designs this week.

Scribbles From Jenn said...

Nicole, my thoughts exactly.

Charmaine, Lucky you! I need a day like this everyday.

Share this: