Monday, February 18, 2013

Happy Presidents Day!


Okay, so I'm really not out fishing, I never could bait the hook, but it is Presidents Day here in the U.S.A. so I'm out and about celebrating this Federal Holiday. The official US holiday is meant to honor only George Washington, but many people consider President's Day a day to honor both George Washington (born on Feb. 22, 1732) and Abraham Lincoln (born on Feb. 12, 1809). If you're interested you can read more about the history of Presidents Day here.

I hope you have the day off also to curl up with a good book, take a bike ride in the park, or actually go fishing. Whatever you do, I hope you stop back by on Wednesday for a chat about writerly things.

Before you go, did you see? I (almost) made  it to 200 followers!!!  Hooray! And to think last year, before the A to Z Challenge, I had none. Thank you to all 199 of you  for following me in my blogging journey. I appreciate each and every one of you!

See you Wednesday.


10 comments:

Yvonnes Poetry Corner said...

Have a great time.

Yvonne.

M. J. Joachim said...

Have a wonderful holiday! :)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Congratulations and enjoy your day off!

Magical Mystical MiMi said...

Congratulations on 200 followers and have an awesome day Jenn! :)

nutschell said...

lucky! Enjoy your holiday. Meanwhile I shall sulk in the office while I go through tons of paperwork. At least traffic was light today :)
Nutschell
www.thewritingnut.com

Nicole said...

Enjoy your reading day!!

S.P. Bowers said...

Happy holiday!

Lexa Cain said...

I hope you have a fun time on your day off! It is exciting to get new followers, isn't it? Thanks for following me, btw! :-)

Melissa said...

I'm late but I did have the day off yesterday. The kids were off school too so it wasn't really a quiet day off. LOL! But, hey, I can't complain. Congrats on all the followers. I'm still chipping away at it over here.

The Happy Whisk said...

Congrats on the followers.

I worked. Hubby had off.

Share this: