Wednesday, January 30, 2013

The Winners Are...

This year the coveted book awards, Caldecott and Newberry, go to two books that I not only read and loved, but I also blogged about.

The Newberry WinnerThe One and Only Ivan was the first book trailer I blogged about when I decided to begin reviewing book trailers on the first Friday of the month back in October of 2012. I also shared about Jon Klassen's Caldecott Winner This Is Not My Hat here. If you have not read them, pick them up today. I assure you, you won't be disappointed.


Have you signed up for the A to Z blogging Challenge? The linky link opened today and will be open until April 1st. Blogging A to Z for the entire month of April, except Sunday's, may seem like a challenge you can't meet, but take it from the new kid on the block, it is possible. The key is to schedule your posts as early as possible. In fact, you can even start scheduling some now, that is what I'm doing, because I've noticed that life has this funny way of throwing more things at you when your hands are already full.

Do join us if you can. You will meet many wonderful bloggers like Arlee Bird, the creator of this event, and his trustworthy team of bloggers who will be with you every step of the way. Like Arlee said, 'It will be fun, you will make many new contacts and come out of April a changed blogger.' The challenge is exhilarating and it won't be back until 2014. So what are you waiting for? In the words of one of my favorite Twilight Zone episodes there is room for one more honey.

If you're still on the fence, check out these ten tips on how to Ace the A to Z Challenge. Next, hop on over to the A to Z blog and join the challenge. It will be an adventure that will change your blog forever!

16 comments:

S.P. Bowers said...

I've read "This is Not My Hat" it was a fun book.

I'm signed up for A-Z and we'll see what happens.

Meredith said...

I keep hearing about This is Not My Hat--I'll have to check it out!

Scribbles From Jenn said...

S.P., I look forward to reading your posts.

Meredith, I think you will enjoy This is Not My Hat.

Johanna Garth said...

Wow, I'm impressed that you had already blogged about The One and Only Ivan before it had been given the nod.

Nicole said...

Looking forward to the A-Z!

Cherie Reich said...

Oh, I remember when you blogged about The One and Only Ivan. :)

Can't wait for the A-Z Challenge to start!

Arlee Bird said...

Thanks for the mention of #atozchallenge. I'll link to this post in my next Monday offering on the A to Z Blog.

Lee
Wrote By Rote
An A to Z Co-host blog

Scribbles From Jenn said...

Johanna, I was impressed too. Definitely a first for me.

Nicole and Cherie, I am looking forward to A to Z also.

Arlee, I love telling the blogging world about the A to Z Challenge. It is by far the best thing one can do for their blog. Thanks for the mention on Monday. I feel like I'm playing with the big boys now. :)

Yvonnes Poetry Corner said...

Looking forward to the A to Z. couldn't sleep last night so logged on and found the list already up and running. I am no. 85 so to say I was surprised is an over statement.

Yvonne.

Shannon Lawrence said...

Thank you for mentioning the A-to-Z; can't wait for your posts! How cool about the books. I wonder if they have those at the library yet.

Shannon at The Warrior Muse

Scribbles From Jenn said...

Yvonne, now we know for next year. Stay up late and get signed up early!

Shannon, they have them at the Los Angeles library. That's where I got my copies. Of course they may be a bit harder to find now that they are winning titles.

The Armchair Squid said...

So glad you're doing the challenge again. Thanks for the book recommendations, too.

Tony Van Helsing said...

I'm kind of tempted by the A to Z Challenge but I tend to only have time to post once a week and my work takes up more of my time than it used to. But good luck with it.

Tyrean Martinson said...

I've heard of both of those books, and I keep meaning to read them. I remember seeing Ivan a long time ago, and any book about hats is a book for me. :)

DL Hammons said...

Welcome aboard!! :)

Stephsco said...

I had so much fun with the A to Z challenge last year, looking forward to it again. :)