Monday, January 7, 2013

I'm A Writing Ninja!



Recently while blog hopping, which is not only fun, but informative, I discovered the Writer's Dojo. Apparently I'm a little behind on this discovery since the page I joined, ReMo Ninjas, has over 1200 followers! (I guess it's better late than never.)

What, you ask, is a writing Ninja? I'll let Ali Cross, the creator of this blog tell you in her own words:

join the ninja reader club!The dojo got its start from a simple need--to give me some support & accountability to reach my writing goals. I loved the camaraderie I felt during NaNo and wanted to recreate something like that, only every month, all the time. But because we're not always drafting, like in NaNo WriMo, we've got three training rooms you can join--WriMo ninjas (writing drafts), ReMo ninjas (revising), & QuMo ninjas (querying/submitting). 
You can read more about the dojo here and here.

Another fun thing about the Writer's Dojo is you can acquire ninja girl belts as badges to denote your progress in the writing process. Much to my surprise, I'm a purple belt since I have: attended a 2nd writer's conference or workshop OR (for me it's and) finished revising your first WIP based on reader's notes. Who knew?

Are you a Writing Ninja? Would you like to be? You don't have to spend years in dojo training, just hop over to Ali's blog, click on the link, and you too can become a Writing Ninja!

8 comments:

S.P. Bowers said...

I've hear of the Writer's Dojo but never really checked it out. Thanks for the description. I just may head over there now.

Magical Mystical MiMi said...

This is awesome Jenn! Thanks for sharing this and by the way, Happy New Year!! :)

Joy said...

This is super. Congratulations on the purple belt!

Scribbles From Jenn said...

@ S.P., you are welcome. I look forward to seeing you there.

@ Mimi, you are welcome. Happy New Year to you too.

@ Joy, thanks, I love the color purple.

Ellie Garratt said...

I've often seen the ninja badge but never actually visited the site. I'm off now to find out what belt I qualify for!

David P. King said...

The dojo is awesome! And yes, I think of myself as a writing ninja, but I'm trying to add "writing knight" to my resume. We'll see what happens. :)

Empty Nest Insider said...

Congrats on becoming a purple belt writing ninja! This sounds like a great motivational writing tool. I will head over to check it out.
Julie

michelle said...

This sounds like a great way to stay motivated on the writing journey.
Thanks for sharing this.

Share this: