Monday, January 21, 2013

A-B-C, Easy as 1-2-3


In only nine short days the linky list will open for the 2013 A to Z Challenge! The A to Z Challenge started out in 2010 when Arlee Bird over at Tossing It Out  posted a challenge for his 200 blog followers to post everyday, except Sunday, in the month of April. The posts had to be at least 100 words, based on the letter of the day. 100 bloggers took up the challenge and the annual event was born. In 2012 over 1,700 bloggers took up the challenge, myself being one of them.

I came into the challenge just before the deadline so I did not have any scheduled posts, a mistake I will not make this year. I also came in pretty green, with a lofty goal to blog on a vacation spot I'd visited and do the post in a poetry format for the letter of the day. It was a crazy plan, something I figured out around letter R. However, I did manage to make it all the way from an acrostic poem on Arches National Park to Z for Zion National Park. I also grew my followers from 0 to almost 100. As you can imagine I was challenged.  But I enjoyed it so much, I'm doing it again this year!

If you've never taken the A to Z Challenge, why don't you join the fun? The challenge will bring you, and your blog, to a whole new blogging level.  Plus, Arlee has compiled a wonderful team to help and encourage you along the way:

The A to Z Team 2013!

Arlee Bird                         Tossing It Out                       @ArleeBird
Damyanti Biswas             Amlokiblogs                    @damyantig
Alex J. Cavanaugh           Alex J. Cavanaugh        @alexjcavanaugh
Tina Downey                    Life is Good                          @TinaLifeisGood
DL Hammons                  Cruising Altitude 2.0             @DL_H
Jeremy Hawkins              Retro-Zombie                  @iZombieJMH
Shannon Lawrence          The Warrior Muse         @thewarriormuse
Matthew MacNish            The QQQE                      @MatthewMacNish
Konstanz Silverbow         No Thought 2 Small      @KonstanzS
Stephen Tremp                 Breakthrough Blogs            @StephenTremp
Livia Peterson                   Leave it to Livia                  @LiviaGPeterson
L. Diane Wolfe                 Spunk on a Stick                 @SpunkOnAStick
Nicole  Ayers                    The Madlab Post                      @madlabpost

The official sign up day for the A to Z Challenge is January 30th. Mark your calendars and join the A-B-C fun. It really is as easy as 1-2-3:
  1. Sign up.
  2. Schedule your posts.(So you'll have more time to visit the other bloggers).
  3. Have fun!
I look forward to meeting you on the challenge. It really is as easy as 1-2-3. If you don't believe me, you have to believe the Jackson 5.


22 comments:

Kyra Lennon said...

A-Z is coming around so fast! I am ready to sign up though, but I don't know if I'll be doing it on my writing blog yet.

S.P. Bowers said...

Wow, I'm so impressed you were able to do it on vacation and in verse! I'm planning on joining this year.

Yvonne's World of Poetry said...

I shall be signing up just as I was the first A to Z Challenge.

Yvonne.

VikLit said...

You might have convinced me :) I am teetering on signing up!

Joy said...

That's where I met you last year! : ) You are so right about getting posts ready ahead of time. I didn't do that either and it made it much harder to visit other people.

Scribbles From Jenn said...

@ Kyra, it is coming around fast.

@ S.P., thanks. It was hard and fun at the same time.

@ Yvonne, I will be hopping by.

@ VikLit, join us! The challenge is fun.

@ Joy, I hope to have all my posts scheduled before the challenge begins.

Rachel Schieffelbein said...

I am not doing the A to Z challenge, but I enjoy reading others posts that month! April is a crazy busy month for me every year. I coach high school speech and direct the high school play and April is the one month they overlap, with State speech being in the middle of the month.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

This will be my 3rd year and I'm thrilled to be a host.

Susanne Drazic said...

That is a great team for 2013!

Jeff Hargett said...

Seriously considering participating in this. I was impressed by what quite a few bloggers did with the challenge last year.

Elise Fallson said...

You and I were in the same boat last year. I too ended up signing at the last minute with nothing prepared and only a couple months blogging under my belt. It was crazy! That said, I can't wait for A-Z this year, I just wish I could think of a theme soon so I can be prepared....

Scribbles From Jenn said...

@ Rachel, if I had your schedule, I wouldn't be doing it either.

@ L.Diane, congratulations on hosting. You are going to have the most fun of all.

@ Susanne, it is a great team.

@ Jeff, join us! It will be a blog-life-changing experience.

Scribbles From Jenn said...

@ Elise, and we both survived! I think I have a theme and it's much easier than the one I had last year. But almost anything would be easier than what I did last year :D

Emily R. King said...

I admire everyone who does this. It takes a ton of organization and preparation and dedication.

Stephen Tremp said...

I'm already outlining my posts for the A to Z Challenge. I'm keeping them short. 100-200 words.

And thanks for posting hte Re-Introduce Myself Blogfest badge on your side bar!

E. Arroyo said...

I don't think I'll have the time, but I'll be lurking. =)

Annalisa Crawford said...

I did it last year for the first time, and had a great time.

I'm considering do it this year with my lesser known/unadvertised blog - really not sure though, because it took me ages to settle back down to normal in May last year!

nutschell said...

I can't believe A-Z is just around the corner! Still thinking about whether I should do it or not though.:S
Nutschell
www.thewritingnut.com

Tammy Theriault said...

I could not do this, but I say kudos to anyone who feats the journey!

Gossip_Grl said...

Last year was my first year blogging in the challenge also. I am getting pretty excited, even though I don't have a clue what I'll be posting but that too is part of the challenge!

Scribbles From Jenn said...

@ Emily, it does take organization. But we have a great team that offers a lot of support and encouragement.

@ Stephen, I'm keeping my posts short also. It will be easier on me and my visitors.

@ E., I look forward to seeing you around.

@ Nutschell, it is coming around fast.

@ Tammy, I agree, kudos to everyone from A to Z!

@ Gossip Girl, I'm pretty excited too :D

amydot90 said...

I've signed up to the challenge too! Loved it last year! Best of luck, hope to read some of your a-z posts!

Hopefully you will check my blog out too
amydot90.wordpress.com

Share this: