Friday, December 7, 2012

Remembering Pearl Harbor

We will always remember. We will always be proud. We will always be prepared, so we will always be free.~Ronald Reagan

December 7th is a day we in the U.S.A. set apart to remember the tragedy that occurred at Pearl Harbor 71 years ago. Last year I had the pleasure of visiting Pearl Harbor. Although I was educated about the attack through books and movies, nothing prepared me for being where it actually happened. Actually being there, seeing the wreckage, the names of real people who lived and died, for my country. It was a life changing experience that I never want to forget. I am grateful for what they did for our country, for the world. I always want to remember that freedom is not free. 

Today, I am taking a moment to remember those who gave, and continue to give, their lives for my country so I can be free. Since the beginning of time, man has wanted something from other men and where willing to take it by force. It is because of men, like those who lost their lives at Pearl Harbor, that I am free. 

Thank you for your service. We will always remember.

8 comments:

D.G. Hudson said...

Those who give their lives for others should never be forgotten.

Thanks for the reminder, Jenn. My roots are in the States.

Scribbles From Jenn said...

You are very welcome D.G. Remembering is important lest we forget and repeat our mistakes.

Lynda R Young said...

It's so important to remember. As you say, if we don't then we're doomed to repeat those mistakes.

Marcia said...

Touching, important post.

Donna Hole said...

A nice tribute Jen.

......dhole

michelle said...

Significant post.
A wonderful way to honor these folk...

Sherry Ellis said...

Great post! We will never forget.

Misha Gericke said...

I always think of it as one of the saddest moments in history. In fact, I can only think of 9/11 as an even sadder one.

Share this: