Monday, November 5, 2012

I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and new. - Ralph Waldo Emerson


November, when America celebrates Thanksgiving, is the perfect month to have a bloghop about being thankful. Today I'm taking part in the I'm Thankful for my Readers! created by Vikki, over at Scribblings of An Aspiring Author and Tara, over at Tara Tyler Talks. Thank you both for hosting this event. You can sign up, and read more, about the bloghop here.

First, a big Thank You to the talented Matthew MacNish, double blogger extraordinaire, over at The Quintessentially Questionable Query Experiment & The Kindness Project for being my very first follower! This may not have been possible if the AMAZING Alex J. Cavanaugh hadn't told me I needed to add the Google Friends connect widget to my side bar. 

I actually begin blogging in 2007, but I wasn't really part of the blogging community. In March of this year, I stumbled across The A to Z Challenge, brain child of master blogger, Arlee Bird, over at Tossing it Out, and discovered a community. 

Today, I am here to say THANK YOU to you, my readers, my community.  Thank you for all your kind words; they lift my spirits. Thank you for being a faithful follower; it lets me know I'm not alone. Thank you for your continued support; it gives me strength to go on. Thank you for your awards; they make me feel loved. Thank you for sticking with me; it makes me feel special. Thank you for making me laugh out loud; especially on those days when I feel like crying. Thank you for believing in me, and helping me believe in myself. Thank you for just being my friends. As Clearance the angel, from It's A Wonderful Life, says: No man is a failure who has friends. Thank you all for being my friends.

19 comments:

Kyra Lennon said...

Great post, Jenn!

michelle said...

This blogfest is a fabulous idea!
Your post is so heart-warming... :)

cleemckenzie said...

You've thanked some really supportive people! Love this hop.

Suzanne Furness said...

What a lovely post, Jenn. I'm a newish follower but I'm glad I found you. Thank you :)

Morgan said...

LOVELY, post...

I love all of the gratitude on blogosphere today... it's so uplifting!

E. Arroyo said...

Great post.

Sherry Ellis said...

I love that quote from It's a Wonderful Life! I'm impressed that you remember your first follower, too!

T. Drecker said...

A lovely post! I can't wait to read your future ones :)

VikLit said...

What a lovely post and a great quote from Clarence! Thank you for joining in.

Susan J. Berger said...

Thank you for being a writer and exercising your gift!

Nicki Elson said...

Aww, that was a very, very thoughtful post & I love that you singled out the fellas that keep this blogverse going.

Tamara said...

Beautiful post! Very nice job on this. :)

Gwen Gardner said...

Very well said. Just beautiful.

Heather Murphy said...

I think Alex, Michael and Lee were instrumental in helping many of us getting started. That's a beautiful tribute to them

Christine Rains said...

What a wonderful thank you! :)

Tara Tyler said...

thank you for always telling me what special day it is!! and for joining us today!

loved that you began & closed w/wonderful quotes!

Ghadeer said...

Thank you for giving us lovely stuff to read :)

Tyrean Martinson said...

Thank you for being you!!! This is a wonderful post!!!

Scribbles From Jenn said...

@ Kyra, Michelle, Clee, Suzanne, Morgan, & E, Arroyo Thank you!

@ Sherry, thank you. Getting my first follower was a memorable moment (plus it was this year:D)

@ T. Drecker, thank you I hope you enjoy the future posts.

@ Vik Lit, I'm having a good time. Thanks for hosting.

@ Susan, thanks for calling it a gift. Some days it feels like a chore.

@ Nicki, those guys do a great job of keeping things rolling along.

@ Tamara, Gwen Christine, Tara, Ghadeer & Tyrean, thank you. I love being here!

@ Heather, I wouldn't be here if it weren't for those three.

To everyone: thank you for stopping by AND leaving a comment. I really do love reading them!

Share this: