Friday, November 2, 2012

Book Trailer Friday: Liesl & Po ~ by Lauren Oliver

Liesl & Po by lauren Oliver
Title: Liesl & Po
Author: Lauren Oliver
Narrator: Jim Dale
Genre: Middle Grade Fantasy
Pages: 320
Audio: 5.9 hours
Year: 2011
Publisher: Harper Audio




Summary:
Liesl’s father just died and she is trapped in the attic by her evil step-mother. That is, until Po (with his pet, Bundle), visits her from the Other Side. With the help of Po, Liesl decides to bring her father back to the home they once loved

Meanwhile, Will, the alchemist’s apprentice, makes a terrible mistake and flees to the country. He has loved Liesl from afar, and finally their paths cross in the country.

Awards:
ABC Best Book for Children 2011
Kirkus Best Books of the Year, 2011
Publisher’s Weekly Pick of the Week in October 2011
Publisher’s Weekly Galley to Grab
Washington DC’s Capitol Choices 2012 Noteworthy Book for Children & Teens
Amazon Best Book of the Month in October 2011

My thoughts:
I just finished the audio version of Liesl and Po written by Lauren Oliver and read by Jim Dale. I had never heard him read, but he was excellent. The different voices he used really brought the story to life. I don't know if the reason I enjoyed the book so much was the story or the reading. So, before I can say this is a great read, I will need to actually read the book. However, after experiencing the audio version with the talented Jim Dale, I can definitely say this is a good listen and earns five stars.

This is the first book where the trailer is a song telling the story of the book. I think that is a really cool idea. You can see the lyrics here. Also, the trailer features sketches of the characters and the adventures they have in the story. Overall, I think the (audio) book is amazing and the trailer is wonderfully unique.

As always, I would love to hear your thoughts, but before that, here is the book trailer for Liesl and Po.

9 comments:

S.P. Bowers said...

That trailer was amazing! I'll have to put this on the list.

Scribbles From Jenn said...

@ S.P., glad you enjoyed it.

Elise Fallson said...

Wow, that trailer was amazing. I marked the book on my tbr list before the trailer was finished. Thanks for sharing it Jenn. (:

L.G. Keltner said...

I have a blog award for you because you rock! Stop by to claim it if you'd like!

http://lgkeltner.blogspot.com/2012/11/super-sweet-blogging-award.html

Scribbles From Jenn said...

@ Elise, you're welcome. I think you'll enjoy it.

@ L.G., thanks!

cleemckenzie said...

This was so much fun! Loved the trailer. Thanks for posting about it.

Also thanks for being a follower over at The Write Game. It's great to meet you. I joined up here to see what you're posting about.

michelle said...

What a great idea for a trailer!!
And congrats on winning the Letting Go blog hop... your entry was awesome!

Scribbles From Jenn said...

@ Clee, You are welcome. I'm glad you enjoyed it the post.

@ Michelle, Thank you. I thought it was an amazing trailer too!

Gossip_Grl said...

Loved the post and definitely the trailer! Just the cover alone had me wanting to know more about the book!

Share this: