Wednesday, October 17, 2012


Today is the Did I Notice Your Book Blogfest hosted by Alex Cavanaugh and Ciara Knight. 

This event only has two rules:
1. You can’t post about your own book.
2. The book shouldn't be on the New York Times or USA Today bestseller list. 

Not posting about my book is easy, since I don't have one, yet, but, I did notice this book:The Sholes Key by Clarissa Draper. I love a good mystery and this is a good mystery. Ms. Draper drops us right into the middle of a chase seen, that gets your heart beating right away. From page one, it's a journey through multi-layered plots, clever covert codes, and of course a few dead bodies. Ms. Draper kept me on the edge of my seat, anxious to turn the next page. If you want to turn the page with me, you can pick up your own copy here.

If you enjoy crime fiction, you'll enjoy this book. I can't wait until the next one in the Evans and Blackwell series.


Please join me on Facebook, Twitter, and whatever other kind of social media you frequent, to see if we can get to Clarissa notice that I noticed her book.


Buy Now!

Summary
All across London, single mothers are vanishing. Margaret Hill, mother of two, walks out of her house and is never seen again. A month later, Carrie-Anne Morgans takes her two-year-old son for a walk in the park and disappears, leaving him alone in his stroller. Lorna McCauley leaves her London flat in the early hours of the morning to buy medicine for her sick child and does not return.

Newly-promoted Detective Inspector Theophilus Blackwell is assigned the case of Lorna McCauley, that at first seems to be a simple case of mid-life crisis and child abandonment.
Elsewhere in London, MI5 analyst, Sophia Evans, is working undercover to catch an animal rights group responsible for targeted bombings. As her case (and her personal life) fall to pieces, she receives a strange envelope in the mail. It contains a picture of Lorna McCauley s lifeless face along with a daunting code.

Now the police and MI5 are forced to work together to stop the murders, and Sophia must find her way into the terrifying mind of a serial killer


20 comments:

Sally said...

This is on my Kindle waiting for me to read it. I'm just finishing a book so it might be my next one to read.

Tyrean Martinson said...

A code as a clue . . .sounds like fun!

Sherry Ellis said...

I like mysteries! This one sounds good!

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

This sounds like a great book. I love suspense/mystery combos.

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

This sounds like a great book. I love suspense/mystery combos.

E.J. Wesley said...

Sounds like a thrilling mystery! :-)

Kyra Lennon said...

Good pick, I read this book last week! :D

Scribbles From Jenn said...

@ Sally, I think you'll enjoy it.

@ Tyrean, Shelly, Susan & E.J. it is great read.

@ Kyra, glad you enjoyed it too.

Yolanda Renee said...

Love a good mystery, will have to pick this up.

Thanks for the follow, and the recommendation!

Ciara said...

Sounds like a great intrigue. Thanks for participating!

LynNerdKelley said...

Wow, this sounds so good! Gotta check it out!

michelle said...

I love mystery/suspense stories that incorporate a code... and I do remember seeing this book around BloggyLand a few weeks ago...

Elise Fallson said...

I've heard great things about this book and it's been on my tbr list for a while. Your post makes me want to bump it up so I can get to it sooner. (:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Clarissa's book! How awesome.
Thanks for participating in our blogfest.

Joylene Nowell Butler said...

I love mysteries, and this one sounds great.

J.L. Campbell said...

I read this one and loved it. The cover is simple, but very effective.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Jenn .. great you've highlighted this .. as it is definitely a book I'll read - excellent choice!! Cheers Hilary

Elizabeth Seckman said...

Love the simplicity of the cover. And those old typewriters were such works of art.

Old Kitty said...

Yay for Clarissa!!! And yay for your review too! Take care
x

Misha Gericke said...

Sounds like a really interesting story. :-)

Share this: