Friday, July 6, 2012

Summer time in our family means road trips, which means listening to the GPS and watching the road signs. Since I can't take you on the trip with me, I thought I'd share a few signs that made me laugh, even though I saw them online and not on the road.

No Free Rides. No, they are not part of a singing group, even if they can sing the Orange Song.
funny road signs 15 Funny Road Signs

No pets allowed. But if you do bring them, even though you aren't supposed to, make sure they are on a leash.
 

So... am I allowed here or not? I guess so as long as it's Monday through Thursday, it's not a holiday, and there's no holiday the next day, you can drive your 34-foot or longer vehicle at night. I think I'll take a different route.

A place to eat and sleep, for 5-10,years  I think I can drive a little longer.


Die and Pay. I thought Write or Die was tough. At least they don't make me pay if I die.


Muse For Today: What does summer mean for you?

15 comments:

Tara Tyler said...

great irony!
started my weekend of with a laugh! thanks!

keep cool!

Avantika Chitturi said...

I just got back an hour ago form a road trip with my family! We went to a temple in this little town nestles in this mountain range called "The Western Ghats". The town in completely cut off from the rest of civilization (it's literally hours till the next town and dense wildreness and car-sickness-inducing winding roads all around). But it was really peaceful and temple had this amazing energy to it. Glad to be home though.

You post was fun to read! A laugh was just what I needed! Thanks!!

Eliza Wynn said...

Good finds!

I'm not a summer person. My area had record-breaking temperatures last week.

Writer Pat Newcombe said...

Ha ha! A good trip then? Signs like that brighten up the road, don't they??

E.D. said...

Those signs were simply hilarious - hard to believe they are for real. Lodging & state prison? Hopefully not!

Medeia Sharif said...

Those are interesting signs. I don't come across too many unique ones where I am. Thanks for sharing these.

Summer isn't my favorite season, but my favorite part of summer is rain, since it cools things down.

Scribbles From Jenn said...

Hooray! Hope it was a great weekend!

Scribbles From Jenn said...

It is nice to go away, but always nicer to come home. I am happy I tickled your funny bone.

Scribbles From Jenn said...

We have the heat here too, ugh! Which is why we try and get away :D

Scribbles From Jenn said...

Yes, Pat, they do make the road trip more interesting.

Lynda R Young said...

lol, those signs are awesome. Thanks for the chuckle!

Scribbles From Jenn said...

I often wonder if they same person puts up both signs, or if one just follows the other with no thought on how they'll look together.

Scribbles From Jenn said...

You are very welcome. A chuckle brightens up any day.

Scribbles From Jenn said...

I love summer because school is out. Weatherwise, Fall is definitely my favorite season.

~Jennifer~ said...

I love these! I had to share them with my husband--they're too great not to share. :)

Also, I've nominated you for an award for your blog. The post about the award will be up this Friday on my blog. Congrats! :)

Share this: