Friday, July 20, 2012

As the child of a single parent, who worked nights, I developed a bad habit, which I continue to this day, of staying up far past my bedtime. This often results in my needing a nap by mid-afternoon and always in search of the perfect place to take one. When I saw these Fantasy Beds, I heard the voice of the Three Bears from Goldilocks asking, "Who's been sleeping in my bed?

Below are my top five beds, and the book characters I think might have slept in them. I would love to know who you think has been sleeping there. If these five peeked your curiosity and you want to see more, click here.

fantasybeds 10 Fantasy Beds
This one is my favorite and looks like the perfect bed for Leslie, from The Bridge to Terabithia

fantasy-beds
If these books were written in Ancient Greek, Annabeth, of the Percy Jackson series, might sleep here.

fantasy-beds
Mary Lennox, from the Secret Garden, might have had a bed like this before she left India.
fantasy-beds
I imagine Wendy Everly from Switched sleeping (unhappily) here.


fantasy-beds
This is the perfect place for the Queen of the Underland, from The Silver Chair, to rest her head.

Muse For Today: Who do you think has been sleeping in these beds?

9 comments:

Kyra Lennon said...

I have a real thing for unusual beds, so I loved this post! I really like the "Secret Garden" bed! :D

Scribbles From Jenn said...

Thank you, Kyra. I'm glad you found a bed to call your own.

Eliza Wynn said...

Hmm. I have no idea which characters would sleep in any of these.

Great finds!

Scribbles From Jenn said...

Thanks, Eilza. I got a little help from my kids, who are AVID readers.

jnana said...

Oh, wow! I so badly want to spend a night in each of these beds!

Lynda R Young said...

oh my gosh, I want a nap in one of those beds!!! They are gorgeous and soooo inviting.

Scribbles From Jenn said...

What a great idea jnana. I'm all in!

Scribbles From Jenn said...

Me too Lynda, me too!

Writer Pat Newcombe said...

I have featured you on my bloglights tour today, Jenn. Hope you have a good day!

Share this: