Monday, June 11, 2012


Today marks the eleventh day of my participation in JuNoWriMo. My goal was  to write about 2,000 words a day. Although I am only averaging about 1,000 words a day, I remain hopeful that I will hit the 50,000 word mark by June 30th. I believe that I can do it, if I persevere. If I, as 19th century American humorist, Josh Billings said: "Consider the postage stamp: it secures success through its ability to stick to one thing till it gets there."

I may have to increase my daily writing goal, give up, cooking, cleaning and  laundry, (oh the sacrifices one makes for art), but I will maintain my purpose in spite of difficulty or obstacles. I will stick to it, continue steadfastly, stand firm, stay the course, carry on. I will persevere! (Note: this post maybe modified, denied, or deleted on June 29th.)

Before I go allow, me to share that blogging perseverance is always rewarded. I know because I just received another blogging award. Thanks Alyssa and L.G. Keltner! What better award for a writer than:
In order to except this award, I have to share the top five books I've read.  As I have read A LOT of books, I can only list the five that are my favorites right now. I am sure I will wake up in the middle of the night remembering another one, but here's the five, that first came to mind, in no particular order:

  1. Alexander, Who Used to Be Rich Last Sunday by Judith Viorst  
  2. The Help by Kathryn Stockett 
  3. Charlotte's Web by E. B. White,  
  4. A Year Down Yonder by Richard Peck   
  5. By the Great Horn Spoon! by Sid Fleischman 

The five amazing people I am passing this award on to are:
  1. Mimi @ Magical Mystical MiMi
  2. Krystal @ Krystal Maestas
  3. Lauren @ Word Art:Painting With Words
  4. Dawn @ 1st Writes
  5. Misha @ My First Book
Since I think you all are amazing, (but could only list five), if you love climbing into the world of books and want The {Booker} Award, grab it. It's here for you too!

Muse For Today:
What are your tips for persevering?

14 comments:

Kyra Lennon said...

Great job on JuNo! I am a little behind too, but I'm sure I can catch up and finish on time!

Julie DeGuia said...

2,000 words-a-day is tough... you are doing great with the 1,000. Keep it up!

I try not to clean anything I don't absolutely have to - and we have passed the chore of cleaning bathrooms to our kids so that is one less thing for me to do! :-)

Sherry Ellis said...

It sounds like you are doing really well, writing every day! I wish I could write that much, but unfortunately, I have too many other demands. My view, is that if you do something every day that leads to achieving your goals, eventually you will get there.

Scribbles From Jenn said...

Thank you Kyra. Yes, we will catch up and finish on time!

Scribbles From Jenn said...

Hahahaha! Love it Julie, "I try not to clean anything I don't absolutely have to...". Our kids do chores also, but somehow, there's still more!

Thanks for the encouragement. I will keep moving forward.

Scribbles From Jenn said...

Yes, Sherry, if I do it everyday, it WILL lead to me successfully crossing the 50,000 word finish line. Thank you for helping me stay on track.

Cherie Reich said...

Keep going! You'll get there. :)

As for persevering in writing, I sometimes will think about the next scene I want to write before I go to bed. That way, it's fresh in my mind, so I can write it faster. It'll help save time from sitting there in front of a blank page.

Gossip_Grl said...

Catching up on commenting today. So glad I stopped by your blog. I woke up this am at 5 just to get some writing in before my 3 y/o grandson got here for the day. I feel like I have actually accomplished something today.

Andrea Teagan said...

I'm your 95th follower, woo hoo! You are getting close to 100.

That is so exciting! I too have been on the JunoWrimo journey and wish you the best of luck. Congrats on your award :)

Andrea

Heather Murphy said...

I love the quote about the postage stamp. That gives us all something to strive towards! Good luck with your goal. You can do it!

Scribbles From Jenn said...

Welcome Andrea! I am close to 100 and trying to think of a creative way to celebrate.

Thank you for the good wishes. JuNoWirMo is very exhilarating!

Scribbles From Jenn said...

Thanks Heather. I am still quite optimistic.

Bloggers are so encouraging! They help me believe I CAN do it!

Scribbles From Jenn said...

YIKES! 5am??? That IS perseverance!

Good for you! You DID accomplish something! I may wake up at 5am, with good intentions, but getting to my chair and keyboard at 5am is an entirely different beast.

Scribbles From Jenn said...

Great idea Cherie. The less time staring at a blank page, the better!

Share this: