Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Normally I am not here on Tuesdays, but today is a special day. It is the third Blogversary of the gifted Cherie Reich, (Congratulations Cherie on three successful blogging years), AND I was notified that I won first place in her 2nd Annual Flash Fiction contest.

This was my first time participating in a Flash Fiction contest, but since I love a good short story, I decided to enter. Writing a story that met the requirements of beginning with the words, Lightning Flashed, and staying within the 300 word limit, proved to be a great way to work my writing muscle.

Learning that I made it to the finals took me completely by surprise since I had traveled around reading many of the stories; which were AMAZING!  Discovering that I had won was truly an unexpected treat!

Congratulations to everyone who had the guts to write a Flash Fiction piece in 300 words or less and share it on the internet. Congratulations to Media SharifGeek Banter, Faraway Eyes, Demolishing the Block, and Title by Jaq, who all made it to the finals.

I couldn't have done this without your support. So, THANK YOU! Your continued encouragement, and heartfelt comments, provide me with the security I need to go on.

7 comments:

L. G. Keltner said...

You wrote a fantastic story! Congratulations!

Scribbles From Jenn said...

Thank you *blushing*

My stories always seem fantastic in my head, but lose something when they get to the page. I'm glad this one made the transition safely.

Heather Murphy said...

Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you. What an accomplishment for your first time. It was my first too but I plan many more to come.

Scribbles From Jenn said...

Thank you Heather. It feels surreal. But I've pinched myself several times, and it hurt, so it must be real!

Julie DeGuia said...

Congrats! It was a fun story and what fun to win on your first time entering something like this!

Scribbles From Jenn said...

Thanks Julie. It was fun and scary all at the same time.

Lauren said...

Wow, that's really great! Congratulations!

I hopped over and voted for you a couple of days ago. You had a really unique take on the "lightning flashed" premise. I'm so glad you won!

Share this: