Friday, May 11, 2012

My Kind of Reading Circle

Archive II


As a lover of books, I never have enough space (or time) to read, store, display the plethora of books I discover. Of course if I had The Archive II, a Circular walking bookcase designed by David Garcia. as part of The Archive Series, I could enjoying reading and exercising without working up too much of a sweat.

The average reader can read about 240 words per minute
A 300 page book normally takes 9 hours to read, non stop
I you read while you walk, you can read a book in about 27 miles
If you read and walk, watch out for traffic.

Archive I (behind Archive II)  is a weight-balanced library. As books are piled onto the bookcase, the chair rises higher on the beam. That's the type of 'high' I'd like to get while reading.



Open
Closed

Archive III is sure to make you smile, or laugh out loud.  Called the 'censored book stand,' the books, with the help of a little sensor technology, close suddenly if anyone approaches. As a mother of a tween and teen, I don't think we will be inviting one of these into our home.






My former schmooze coordinator and poet extraordinaire, Gregory K. Pincus, enlightened me to these extraordinary shelves for books. However, this is only the tip of the iceberg. Take a look below and pick out your favorite. Then please leave a comment letting me know which one is your kind of reading circle, square, whale, face, or...

Muse For Today: Which bookshelf fits the reader in you?

8 comments:

Sally said...

I love the one that looks like a figure of eight. I'd sit inside it and just lose myself in it(so long as somebody could bring me a cup of tea every once in a while).

Scribbles From Jenn said...

Reading while someone brings you tea sounds perfectly perfect!

nutschell said...

I LOOOVE these pictures!!!
BTW, congrats! I just gave you an award. Check it out here
http://www.thewritingnut.com/ramblings/award-long-awaited-haircut/

Happy weekend!
Nutschell
www.thewritingnut.com

Scribbles From Jenn said...

Aren't they FABULOUS!?! Truth be told, if I had the space, I'd take one of each.

Thanks for the award. I love being called Kreativ.

jnana said...

This must be what heaven looks like

Scribbles From Jenn said...

Yes, books, books, and more books. Plus, all the time you need read them.

Crystal Collier said...

That's it. I'm redecorating in shelves. =)

Scribbles From Jenn said...

My thoughts exactly! One can always use another bookshelf.

Share this: