Friday, May 4, 2012

Hit Pause

In February of this year, the Pearson Report wrote a blog post on Pause and take time to dream. When I replied to her post, I realized that many times I paused to say, What next? or I'm tired. After reading her post, I made a note to myself to pause and speak a dream out loud.

I haven't done it every day, but since February I have made a habit of speaking more of my dreams into the universe. This didn't make them all come true, yet, but it did make them more of a reality to me. As three time Olympian Champion Gail Devers said; "“Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.” As someone who fought Graves disease, radioactive iodine treatment followed by thyroid hormone replacement therapy and still went on to win a silver medal in the 1991 World Championships, I believe Gail knows about keeping your dreams your alive.

As I write daily alone with my dreams of becoming an author, I will remember to take time to pause and speak my dreams out loud until they are no longer a dream, but a reality.

Muse For Today: How do you pause and dream?

4 comments:

SherryE said...

Great post! Yes, it's important to dream and believe in those dreams. I don't pause enough to think about my dreams. You've inspired me to change that.

Scribbles From Jenn said...

Glad to be an inspiration! I'm paying it forward as the Pearson Report did for me.

Elizabeth Twist said...

This is great. It's really good to be reminded that keeping your eyes on the prize means, uh, reminding yourself of what the prize is from time to time? I hope your writing is going well!

Elizabeth Twist: Writer, Plague Enthusiast

Suzanne McClendon said...

You can do it! You can achieve your dreams.

Thank you for stopping by P.S. Annie and commenting on my "Y" post in the A to Z Blogging Challenge.

Have a great week!

Share this: