Wednesday, May 16, 2012

2nd Annual Flash Fiction Blogfest


In May of 2011, Cherie Reich hosted a Flash Fiction Blogfest. She had so much fun hopping to people's blogs and reading their flash fiction, she decided to host it again and I've signed up to Flash My Fiction.

Of course I can find many reasons why I shouldn't do it: laundry, editing, kids, editing, grocery shopping, editing, etc. However, I choose to focus on the best reason to do it; I think it will be FUN! Of course, that's what I always say when I begin something new. 

How hard can it be? I have to write a short story, using 300 words or less, that begins with the words, Lightning flashed, and I have over two-weeks to get it done. Voting will begin on May 28th with the winner being announced on May 29th, Cherie's third year blogversary. (Congratulations Cherie!) Prizes are gift cards from Amazon (or someplace else if you so desire). Isn't just the chance of wining gift cards worth 300 words? Who knows? Possibly my 300 words will be the beginning of another novel that I can postpone editing while I participate in the 2013 Flash Fiction Contest.

If you would like to read more about it, hop over to Cherie's blog for all the details. If you want to join the fun, click the link below and sign up.

Muse For Today: Have you ever wrote any flash fiction? Are you willing to Flash your Fiction with Cherie?

2 comments:

L. G. Keltner said...

I signed up for this, and now reading your post prompted me to start working on it. Sometimes I need the boost of a reminder. Thanks to you, I have a good start on it now.

Scribbles From Jenn said...

Glad to help you get started L.G. I need the boost also. Can't wait to read all the flashes when the contest is over.

Share this: