Friday, April 27, 2012

X is for Chi (/kaɪ/ )

F.Y.I. I am taking part in the A to Z Challenge.  Stop by tomorrow and check out my poetry for the letter Y

 
 X in the Greek is Chi (/kaɪ/ ) and is the trademark for Celebrity Cruises. The signature "Χ" displayed on the funnel of Celebrity ships is for "Chandris"  the name of the cruise line founder the Greek Chandris Group.




 
When flying is scary
And airports are hairy
And driving is just not to do
Maybe cruising’s the choice for you

Are we there yet, not heard
Food and comfort the word
Exotic locations to view
Maybe cruising’s just right for you

Splendid vessels the norm
Shows in hit Broadway form
Loads of great things to do
    Maybe cruising’s perfect for you


Prepare for paradise at sea
My FAVORITE way to travel is cruising. I love it so much I don't care where we are going. You can put me on a ship in the harbor, and as long as I couldn't see the shore, we could just drive around in circles and I would be happy.

I love the fact that everyone treats you like royalty. There is no cooking, cleaning, scheduling, driving, planning etc. It's all done for you and if you don't like it, they will do everything they can to fix whatever problem you have. Meals and entertainment are included in your ticket price. They have childcare to keep your kids busy. Activities to keep you busy and you can eat ALL YOU WANT. (Don't worry there is a gym on board to counteract the effect of the 24 hour food fest.)

With the high cost of fuel, after you factor in food, flight, rental cars and hotels, cruising is actually cheaper than most traditional vacations. There is no TSA pat downs, luggage restrictions or lay-overs. Plus, they take your bags at the gate and deliver them to your door. You unpack once and never have to fuss with your luggage again until they pick it up when your trip is finished. 

Cruise ships are BEAUTIFUL and the luxury and service rival most four star hotels. Best of all you are away from the hustle and bustle of life. Your mission for this vacation: RELAXATION.
 
Muse For Today: How do you prefer to vacation?

14 comments:

Sally said...

A cruise does sound wonderful but unfortunately I do suffer from sea sickness.

Gossip_Grl said...

I would love to go on a cruise, but since they have been making the news lately with bad publicity hubby scratched it off the list of things to do.

Scribbles From Jenn said...

Boo seasickness :-(

Scribbles From Jenn said...

Sorry the bad news is leaving a bad taste in his mouth. Maybe after everything calms down, he'll give cruising a shot. It really is WONDERFUL!

Mel said...

I'm used to flying somewhere or taking the trainn (Europe's very convenient like that), but I went on my first cruise this past February and loved it! I defitely think I'll be partaking in another in the very near future. Great post!

Tara Tyler said...

thanks, cruise director julie =)
changing professions?

Scribbles From Jenn said...

Hahaha! Thanks for the laugh Tara. Only if they didn't make me work.

Scribbles From Jenn said...

I hope to partake soon also.

farawayeyes said...

Just last week there was one of the big X-boats at my island. Looks fun but, not for me.

Martha said...

It's been so long since I've been on a cruise. They are by far my favorite way to vacation too! I'm stopping by from the A-Z challenge and following now too. This has been so much fun hasn't it? Have a great weekend!

Heather Murphy said...

I haven't been on a cruise since childhood but it was a great experience. Now I prefer vacationing in a tent in the mountains.

Colleen Chen said...

I went on my first cruise in March! It was by far the easiest vacation I've had yet with children. Every other vacation I've tried to take with them has turned out to be more work than staying at home. Thumbs up for cruises!!!

Loopyloo said...

I've never been on a cruise, I'd love to try one someday though :)

Iliadfan said...

You make cruises sound really great! I may have to talk my husband into one...

Share this: