Saturday, April 14, 2012

M is for a Mesa Verde Monorhyme

F.Y.I. I am taking part in the A to Z Challenge.  Stop by Monday and check out my Name poem for the letter N.

M is for Mesa Verde


Mesa Verde Spanish for table lime
Hiking to pueblos worth the climb
Many amazing sights from viewing prime
Spend two days & take your time
Preservation of dwellings divine
Be prepared to brush off some grime
The Pueblo life so very sublime
If you enjoyed my little rhyme
Take this trip at least one-time 



A trip to Mesa Verde allows you to experience how the Ancestral Puebloans lived for over 700 years. The best way to see the dwellings is through a guided tour which offers you a more intimate experience of this matriarchal society.  It is recommended that you plan two days to see the over 600 cliff dwellings. As we just had one day, we were only able to view Cliff Palace, which was amazing! Although it was a sweltering 105 degrees at the cliff floor, we managed to enjoy every aspect of this tour and left Mesa Verde with a richer knowledge and appreciation for these native lands. 

Muse For Today: Is Mesa Verde a place you would like to see?

8 comments:

Marquita Hockaday said...

I love your "little rhyme" so adorable! I would love to take a trip to Mesa Verde, it sounds amazing!

Scribbles From Jenn said...

Thanks Marquita. It's worth the trip!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I think it would be amazing to see.

Cathy Olliffe-Webster said...

In answer to your muse: YES!!!

Jaycee DeLorenzo said...

I've been to this one! I was six, though, so I don't really remember much of it. Thanks for the refresher!

Scribbles From Jenn said...

Alex, It is AMAZING! Thanks for stopping by :D

Scribbles From Jenn said...

Cathy, I like your answer!

Scribbles From Jenn said...

Jaycee, glad to be able to bring back some fond memories.

Share this: