Thursday, April 12, 2012

K is for a Kyrielle of Kilauea Volcano

F.Y.I. I am taking part in the A to Z Challenge. For the entire month of April I am blogging poetry, in alphabetical order, about a location I’ve visited that begins with the letter of the day. Stop by tomorrow and check out what I think about the letter L.
 
 K is for Kilauea Volcano
Home of Pele Goddess of Fire
Object of tourists strong desire
Tall, and beautiful, young and old
Subject of many legends told

Governess of great lava flows
Deep from beneath the molten blows
Violent in temper strong and bold
Subject of many legends told

Always traveling her domain
Appears worldwide; never remains
Finding the greedy whom she scolds
Subject of many legends told
A curse she puts on those who steal
Objects returned the curse is real
Pele the goddess lava patrol
Subject of many legends told

Muse For Today: Would you live near a volcano?

5 comments:

Susan Roebuck said...

She's a fierce-some goddess with a temper. No, I wouldn't live near an active volcano. I'd be listening to every rumble! Do you live near a volcano?

Scribbles From Jenn said...

Susan, I don't live near a volcano, but I do live near San Andreas Fault. Which some believe is worse than a volcano.

Jaycee DeLorenzo said...

Awesome job! Very vivid.

Teresa Cypher aka T K CypherBuss said...

Very nice! I am going to check out more of your posts :-)

Scribbles From Jenn said...

Thanks Jaycee and Teresa. I really do love reading everyone's comments!

Share this: