Wednesday, April 11, 2012

J is for a Jalama Jingle

F.Y.I. I am taking part in the A to Z Challenge. For the entire month of April I am blogging, in alphabetical order, about a location I’ve visited, that begins with the letter of the day. Stop by tomorrow and check out what I think about the letter K.

It just so happens that there is not a poetry form that begins with the letter J. Therefore, I will make-up my own: J is for Jingle. This Jingle is based on a classic Band-Aid commercial that you can listen to here, if you aren't familiar with the original commercial, or if you just want to hear it again.
A Jingle for Jalama  
(sung to the tune of the Band-Aid commercial)

I am stuck on Jalama Beach 'cause Jalama’s stuck on me!
I am stuck on Jalama Beach ‘cause Jalama’s stuck on me!
‘Cause Jalama has great burgers, and camping for RV's!
I am stuck on Jalama Beach ‘cause Jalama’s the place to be! 

Jalama Beach  (pronounced: Ha-Llama) is tucked away near Lompoc. 14 miles off the main road along a stretch of dizzying switchbacks. Jalama Beach has accommodations for RV's tent and cabins. Weekdays and off season has the best rates, (no surprise there), but even at the peak, a five person cabin is only $150.00 a night. You can find more details on reserving a site here. Like all California beach camp spots, the early bird gets the worm.

Jalama Beach is not an easy one to get to. It's windy, the surf is rough, and you can't get cell service. Why go there? Endless strands of uncrowded beach, glassy waves, amazing sunsets, a sky full of stars (we don't see that much in Los Angeles), and ocean front camp sights for under $50.00 a night. PLUS, it's the home of the Famous Jalama Burger. Don't take my word for it, check out the comment below...

"The Jalama Burger is one of the best hamburgers on the West coast!" People from all over the planet have visited the Jalama Beach Store & Grill and all share the same opinion... "This is the best burger on the planet!"

According to their website Jalama has: day-use picnic areas, raised fire boxes, surfing, whale-watching, birdwatching, nature photography, rock hounding, and fishing the surf, or rock outcroppings for perch, cabezon, kelp, bass, or halibut. 

We only stayed a couple of nights, but is was the perfect respite on our week-long trek up the California Coast.  If you happen to be driving up in that same direction and find Santa Barbara too expensive, drive a little further up and give Jalama a try.

Muse For Today: What's your favorite burger joint?


6 comments:

Bonnie said...

That place looks lovely!

My favourite burger joints are the Greek ones that put chili sauce on their burgers. Here in Winnipeg "George's" and "Daly Burger" are my go-to places for good beef.

Another famous spot is "Blondie's". She does a 9lb burger! The smallest you can order is 1/8 lb which is already huge. Some people suspect that's a pre-cooked KG weight. It's epic.

These guys are looking for the best burger in Winnipeg: http://burgerclubwinnipeg.blogspot.ca/2011/11/blondies-435.html

Sorry for rambling... I like a good burger. :P

Scribbles From Jenn said...

Thanks for you comment Bonnie. You can never ramble too much about burgers :D

I LOVE a good burger too. We have a local place called Tommy's that adds chili to the burger. Never had a Greek burger, but it sounds YUMMY!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I laughed out loud at your jingle!

Grammy said...

Hi, Jalama sounds like a wonderful place to get away from it all! I live in the mid-cities between Dallas and Fort Worth. My favorite burger place is Freddy's Steakburgers. Yum! Best regards to you. Ruby

soggy in the corner said...

Jalama sounds great. I think I like lots of burgers and really don't have a favorite. When I was a kid, we always had hamburgers on Mondays. Hamburgers with french fries and one sweet pickle. Once we were out of buns and my mother gave me some money to ride my horse to the little store and get buns. On the way back, we stopped at my friends house and tied the horses up...I repeat...tied the horses up. But the pony stallion slipped his bridle and then went to where my buns were lying and took a bite out of them! We had hamburgers on bread that night.

Teresa Cypher aka T K CypherBuss said...

LOL, I heard the melody before you explained. This place looks beautiful. What a neat theme for the A to Z :-)

Share this: