Monday, April 9, 2012

H is for a Haiku of Hilo Hawai'i

F.Y.I. I am taking part in the A to Z Challenge. For the entire month of April I am blogging, in alphabetical order, about a location I’ve visited, that begins with the letter of the day. Stop by tomorrow and check out what I think about the letter I.

Hilo Hawai'i
Abundant rain brings
Life to tropical forest
Active volcano

Hilo Hawai'i was the first stop of our fifteen day Hawaiian cruise. It has a small town feel and would be a good place to retire; unless you aren't comfortable living that close to an active volcano. Hilo is home to the infamous Hilo Hatties, The University of Hawai'i, Hawai'i Volcano National Park, and Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut Plant. I recommend visiting Hilo if any of those places peak your interest. If you are not sure if Hilo is the place for you, learn more about this small town on the big island at Virtual Tourist.

Muse For Today: What's your favorite Hawaiian Island?

9 comments:

Sharkbytes said...

I would love to visit Hawaii. My best friend does every few years, and she tells me great things. I'm trying to visit all the A-Z Challenge blogs this month.

Gossip_Grl said...

I have never been to Hawaii. It sounds like such a beautiful place. Maybe one of these days

nutschell said...

i've always wanted to go to hawaii for a vacation:)

Great A-Z post!
Nutschell
www.thewritingnut.com

thesoundofonehandtyping said...

The only one I've spent time on is Oahu, and that was for work.

Jaycee DeLorenzo said...

Never been :cries:

Marquita Hockaday said...

LOVE this! It makes me want to go to Hawaii even more than I already do.

Donna Martin said...

Hi...I'm hopping over from the A to Z Challenge. Lovely post...good luck with the challenge!

Donna L Martin
www.donasdays.blogspot.com

Scribbles From Jenn said...

@Sharkbytes, thanks for stopping by.
Good luck on visiting Hawaii and ALL the blogs. Both are worth the trip.

@Gossip_Grl, it is beautiful. I hope one of these days comes soon.

@Nutschell, a vacation in Hawaii is wonderful. May your wish come true.

@Jaycee, :_( crying with you. Hopefully sometime in your near future.

@thesoundofonehandtypying, hooray on making it to Oahu. It's nice to go on someone's dime as long as they don't take all your time.

@Marquita, I am pleased the post inspired you. May your Hawaii dreams come true.

@Donna, Thanks for hopping by.

Betty Alark said...

Sounds like a nice place to visit!

Really like the name Hilo!

Thanks for the information!

http://bettyalark.blogspot.com/

Share this: