Thursday, April 5, 2012

E is for an Etheree on Escalante National Mounument

F.Y.I.  I am taking part in the A to Z Challenge. Everyday, for the entire month of April, I will post a different letter of the alphabet as part of the challenge. Stop by tomorrow and check out what I think about the letter F.

Known
As the
Grand Staircase
Escalante’s
Maze of red sandstone
Canyons and escarpments
Illustrate earth’s history
A geological archive
Arid land shaped by water filled with
Surprising beauty carved in rock and sand

Since we were here in the summer with two young children and it was VERY hot. We did not actually hike into the park. Instead, we toured the visitor center, earned Jr.Ranger Badges and drank a lot of water. If you would like more images of Escalante, check out  Alpenglow Images. The photographer is Greg Russell, who I don't know, but obviously spent a lot more time in the park than we did.

Muse For Today: What's your favorite hiking spot?

9 comments:

Kyra Lennon said...

The photos you linked to are gorgeous! it looks a great place to see!

Susan Roebuck said...

I'm being taken all over the world on the A-Z. It's fabulous. I've never heard of this monument, but it looks like one I'd love to visit.

Pish Posh said...

Pretty! Wish I was there now.

Pish Posh said...

Pretty! Wish I was there now.

Kristine Asselin said...

What a nice post--lovely to be reminded of beautiful spots in the world.

Jeremy Bates said...

No matter where you go in the world, there is beauty. I'd like to visit here one day, but only after I retire at 40 with gazillions of bucks from my writing. lol

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I'm trying to remember if I've been there...
Hiking? As in, outside in the humidity and bugs? Not here! But I did a little hiking in Scotland and it was amazing.

Jaycee DeLorenzo said...

I've been there! It was 100 degrees and I sweated buckets, but it was beautiful!

My E

Tracy Bermeo said...

As a kid we traveled to many national parks, and I loved them all. A few summers ago we drove through the Blue Ridge Mountains. There is a national park with camp sites in there and have just been waiting for my youngest to be old enough to go. Soon. I can't even imagine what the stars must look like at night. It was gorgeous.
A2ZMommy and What’s In Between

Share this: