Wednesday, April 4, 2012

D is for a Downata Diamante

F.Y.I. I am taking part in the A to Z Challenge. For the entire month of April I am blogging, in alphabetical order, about a location I’ve visited, that begins with the letter of the day. Stop by tomorrow and check out what I think about the letter E.


 A Diamante For Downata Hot Springs

Downata
Wet, Lush
Camping, Swimming, Playing
Springs, Green, Sand, Brown
Changing, Melting, Sweating
Hot, Dry
Dessert

     During our trek to Yellowstone we stayed one night at Downata Hot Springs in Downey Idaho. This 100 year old hot springs ranch was a great place to spend the night. We bought the after 6:00 p.m. special and played in the three water slides and warm pools for only $5.00 per person. You can't even get lunch for that price in California! After the water fun, we relaxed at our camp sight until we turned in. Downata has a variety of camp lodging from cabins to yurts. If your summer finds you in Idaho looking for a place to cool off, check out Downata. We promise you'll have a lot of fun getting wet! 

Muse For Today: What's your favorite way to get wet?

9 comments:

Gossip_Grl said...

Downata hot springs sounds like a great place. We have a hot springs in WV and I have never been there before. Lovely pictures and can't wait for E :) Thanks for sharing

Roza M said...

Looks like a fun place. This was a great post. =)

Jaycee DeLorenzo said...

I went to Pagoda Springs (CO) once and sat in the hot springs and got the worst sunburn of my life (even with sunscreen on!). We're talking 2nd degree burns that peeled off the top several layers of my skin and was so bad I had to go to the hospital for pain relief. So, I have to admit, just the word Hot Springs makes me cringe a little bit. But it looks fun! :D

judysnwnotes said...

I enjoyed your diamante -- my blogs this month are also a mix of poetry and prose

The hot springs visit sounds inviting and definitely fun. Something to suggest to my daughter and her family

And my favorite way to get wet is in the shower, though I used to love being outside in the rain when I was younger

Scribbles From Jenn said...

Hello Fellow Bloggers,

Thanks for stopping by for the letter D. I love reading your thoughts on our experiences.

@Gossip_Grl, The pictures reminded me of all the fun we had.

@Roza, Thanks, it was a lot of fun!

@Jaycee, Oh no! After an experience like that, I'd shy away too. That gives a whole new meaning to the term Hot Springs.

@Judy, I love a good shower too. As a kid I loved standing under a big tree, after a good rain, pulling on the branches and letting the leaves rain down on me.

Pam Harris said...

This looks like a great place to have a writing retreat. :)

Kyra Lennon said...

That looks like loads of fun! I like to have a nice soak in a hot tub whenever I can, it's so relaxing!

Angi said...

Swimming!

OT Ebby said...

Looks like fun. Good idea for a theme, I'm also doing the A-Z and it's quite a challenge!

Share this: