Friday, March 23, 2012

To Tweet, Or Not To Tweet


To tweet, or not to tweet: that is the question:
Whether ’tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The gossip and quips of outrageous tweeting,
Or to take arms against a world of 140 characters,
And by opposing end them. To die: untweeted
No more; and by a non-tweet to say we end
The heart-ache & the thousand tweeps I’ll not meet
That Tweeple are heir to: this a perfect ending
Devoutly to wish. To tag, to be followed
To be followed, perchance —
ay, there's the rub:
For in that following what tweets may come,

In case something was lost in the translation, or you find Shakespeare as confusing as I do, here is my question in plain old American: Should I join the Twitterverse?  I am finally testing the waters of tweeting. I set up an account, got the app on my phone, started following a few peeps, but my account remains untweeted. I am concerned that twitter, like every other social network, will pull me in and eat up even more time. Or will it save time because I can learn everything in need to know in 140 characters? How do people manage it all? Is it all worth managing? If you feel inclined, please comment on today's muse. Tweets and retweets are optional.

Muse For Today: What are the pros and cons of tweeting?

8 comments:

mooderino said...

i think you can only find out by giving it a go.

mood
Moody Writing
@mooderino
The Funnily Enough

Marian Allen said...

Oh, DO tweet! And follow me and I'll follow you! C'mon, it'llbefunit'llbefunit'llbeFUN!

I've "met" some excellent folks through Twitter -- and found some excellent books. It's also an excellent place to market your books or promote your website.

But mostly, it's a candy shop of PEOPLE. :)

Marian Allen
MarianAllen on Twitter

jnana said...

It doesn't take much time like other social networks. Unless you plan to be one of those twitter-crazes who have to update the world about what they're doing every freaking second!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I's pretty quick and simple. Sometimes I pull up Tweet Deck and watch conversations but more often I use it to reTweet posts.

D.G. Hudson said...

New follower here, nice to meet you.

I don't do twitter or facebook). I chose the venue I liked best - blogging. But I'm not manic about that either.

If social media suits you, then you should try different types.

Each writer needs to evaluate the investment and payback to see if another form of social media is needed. Too many bloggers lately are complaining of burnout.

Scribbles From Jenn said...

What great tweeting insight. I think I'll give it a go, but not be manic and update every second, (thanks mooderino, jnana and D.G.), reTweet posts and pull up some Tweet Decks,(as soon as I found out what they are. Thanks Alex), and look forward to meeting some really nice people like Marian, who I'm already following.

Eliza Wynn said...

I've reached the point where I only go to Twitter a day or two per week.

It's great for spreading the word about pets in need, such as shelter pets on death row, lost pets, and those needing funds for medical care.

Ellie

رضا رمضان said...

شركة تنظيف بالدمام
شركة تنظيف شقق بالدمام
شركة تنظيف فلل بالدمام
شركة مكافحة حشرات بالدمام
شركة رش مبيدات بالدمام
شركة نقل اثاث بالدمام
شركة تنظيف بالجبيل
شركة تنظيف بالقطيف
شركة تنظيف بالاحساء

Share this: