Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Blogging On the Eights

With over 1,000 bloggers signed up for the A to Z Challenge, visiting them all seems like a daunting task. However, I think that if someone attempts to blog in ABC order for 26 (almost) straight days, they should get a shout out from their fellow bloggers. I wish I had the fortitude of Karen Gowen who has managed to visit over 150 blogs a day! But, I have yet reached her level of blog mastery. So, I started going through the blogs a few here and there, but quickly found myself revisiting some and completely skipping others. After a few days of this, I came up with a plan to blog on the eights. Which for me means that, in addition to visiting our Blog Hosts regularly, I am visiting every blog with the number eight in it. I began with #8 Jenny - Pearson Report, then hopped over to #18 Anthropop Mom and #28 The Blutonian Death Egg etc. Why the number eight? Because it's my favorite number and has been since I was eight years old. Although I've hopped over several wonderful blogs like number #7 Susan Says and number #20 Rachael Harrie at Rach Writes. . . ,  I am sure I will visit them, and many others, after I finish all the eights.

I am not sure which number I will hop to next. Maybe 2 since it's the number of kids I have or 4 since it's my favorite number divided by 2. I am sure my new plan will have me hopping through all the blogs, at least once, before this challenge is over, learning many new things and making a few new friends, one number at a time. 

Muse For Today: What's your method, technique, process, for visiting the A to Z Bloggers?

15 comments:

Susan Roebuck said...

Hi Jenn - You're a very organized person I see :-) I'm a long way off visiting everyone, but I'll do my very best. And I award you the Sunshine Award! You can pick it up on my blog (don't forget to write ten things that make you smile) http://www.susanroebuck.com/2012/03/awwww.html

jnana said...

I'm happy to be 118 :)

Thanks for stopping by! Looking forward to seeing your A to Z posts.

Jaycee DeLorenzo said...

Wow, interesting strategy. I'm still figuring out what I'm going to post for the challenge, so I haven't even thought about how I'm going to check all the blogs, yet.

Amanda Heitler said...

Paying a return visit and very happy to be here.

I have no structre in place for blog visiting yet, but your plan seems pretty good to me.

Marian Allen said...

Glad you visited me, and happy to return the visit. :)

I have no plan. I tried to visit everybody last year, and got burned out. I guess I'll just have to do the best I can. I know I'll miss out on some wonderful blogs, but I also know I'll find some new friends. :)

Marian Allen
Fantasies, mysteries, comedies, recipes

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. Nice to meet you. Sounds like you have a workable plan for the challenge. Not sure how I'm gonna handle it, other than getting my A-Z posts all done ahead of time, and then trying to visit as many new blogs as I can once the challenge begins, without completely ignoring my usual blog pals. Piece of cake, right? Um, right. IthinkIcanIthinkIcan...

Scribbles From Jenn said...

Thanks everyone for stopping by and sharing your A to Z thoughts and plans. I had so much fun seeing your blogs. And even MORE fun seeing you here! Each of your blogs were so different and unique. I can't wait to see you you handle the challenge. I am sure it WILL be a piece of cake ;p

About JollyJilly said...

Thanks for stopping over at jollyjillys. You are very organised lol. I'm going to try and do the same so good luck

AtJIllsReviews said...

Hullo Jenn
Glad I had an 8 in my 328 so you dropped by. I have been looking for blogs on theatre, dance, dining, wine... and writing of course, but it is a daunting task.
Just hoping I can keep up with the other 1000 bloggers in thee challenge. Cheers

Jill

Cassam said...

Hi Jenn thanks for stopping by my blog. I don't have a plan yet for visiting blogs I was thinking of starting from either side of my number and working onwards but doing the number thing is a great idea. It's so good to find new blogs to read. I love yours.

serena page turner said...

what a great idea, like many of the comments above i have no idea how to tackle visiting every one.
Thanks for stopping by at page turning looking forward to the challange and meeting you agon on the way. Have fun

Rae said...

Love this strategy! I may use it, but choose the number 7 since that's my favorite number. I'm still trying to figure out what I'm going to post.

Thanks for stopping by!

Rae

Stephanie said...

This is a great idea! I have to admit that I'm a bit nervous about the challenge.

Kirsty said...

Thanks for hopping on over to my blog. Good luck with your A-Z challenge too.

رضا رمضان said...

شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالدمام
شركة كشف تسربات بالدمام
شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالخبر
شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالجبيل
شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالاحساء
شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالقطيف
شركة كشف تسربات بالرياض
شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالرياض
كشف تسربات المياه



Share this: